Chapter 14: Working Towards the New Dream!

Charlie woke up glumly on one grey morning. The school holidays were over and it was the first day back at school for term 4. The heavy grey clouds in the sky looked like it was going to rain too! However, his heart leapt when he remembered his new dream.

Charlie put his red uniform scarf on (made by Whimsicott's cotton) and had breakfast with mother Charizard. Then, Charlie got on her back on the ride to school. After he said goodbye to his mother, he seek out his best friend, Leaf. He found her talking to her friend, Izzy the Jigglypuff, but when he approached her, the Jigglypuff left.

"Hi Charlie. Why are you so happy at the moment?" Leaf said as she touched the large leaf on top of her head to Charlie's forehead.

"I've got a new dream!" The Charmander boasted.

"Wow! What is it!" Gasped Leaf. "I already know about your dream to become a Charizard though."

"I'm going to start working my way to become the world champion! I want to be the strongest non-legendary Pokémon in the world!"

"That sounds like a wonderful dream!" Smiled Charlie "But you would need to work very hard at PE to get the qualification to enter the four trials before the international tournament. Are you sure you are up to doing heavy training?"

"Of course!" Laughed Charlie.

The bushes behind Charlie and Leaf rustled. Charlie quickly turned to see what was making the noise, but he couldn't see anything but a sandy brown large tail tip that was very briefly in view.

"Are you okay Charlie?" Asked a concerned Chikorita.

"I've just imagined someone watching me." Said Charlie. "And I thought I saw a tail, but maybe that was also my imagination!"

"Maybe a ghost is watching you!" Joked Leaf.

"You mean a ghost typed Pokémon?" Said Charlie, puzzled.

"No I mean an actual ghost! It's coming up to Halloween after after all."

"Ha ha, good one!" Charlie laughed back. "Maybe it is a Marowak ghost from the Kanto region looking for her Cubone son, but found us instead!"

"Ha ha."

Then, Charlie remembered something.

"You know, I thought the tail I saw was brown and large like a Marowak's tail! Maybe it is a Marowak ghost!"

"Yeah, fat chance that it is one! It was probably from a living Pokémon if you didn't imagine it!" Laughed Leaf.

Then the Bronzong bell went! Charlie and Leaf both headed to form class and waited for the classes to begin.

"As you know, your final tests are coming up this term." Said Mr Quackery the Farfetched as he paced up and down the room. "And I expect you to start studying for them and practice your moves for the PE exam. If you fail, you may not be able to continue no the subject for Grade 6."

Charlie knew that he must do well in the PE exams.

"Face the exams head on with bravery and might and I know you will do well!"

The first class that Charlie had today was Pokémon Science. He was excited, as they knew the topic they will cover this this term was about regional Pokémon variants, which he had never heard of before!"

"Today, in this special class, we have two visitors that would like to say hello! We will also be talking about these visitors, as they are the same Pokémon, but came from different regions and climates!" Said Mrs Fox the Delphox

Suddenly, two beautiful large quadrupedal fox Pokémon came into the classroom. One was a brilliant gold and the other had a majestic white coat. Also the golden one emanated warmth from her body while the other fox Pokémon's body was emanating iciness. They both had nine flowing tails and a hair tuft on the top of their heads. Their fur shined in the sunlight.