Prologue: Nathan's Death and Reincarnation

Nathan had never known any friends or family. After he was born, his parents either died or left him for some reason and he had to go to an orphanage. In this orphanage, the other kids don't like him because of his disability. He was a 13 year old boy in a wheelchair. He had never walked nor ran in his life. He gets bored very easily without the lack of social activity and fun things to do. However, he spent all his free time watching the Pokemon Anime and watching other people play Pokemon. He is also a kid who loves Pokemon. Pokemon is the only reason why he wanted to keep living. However, he never owned a Nintendo, so he couldn't play Pokemon himself. The orphanage gave him his own iPad when he was ten but they never gave him a Nintendo. He also loved writing Pokemon fan-fiction on Wattpad. His favourite fan-fiction was about a boy who woke up as a Torchic, who then explored the world of Pokemon. He sighed. He wished he was a Pokemon and that Pokemon were real!

Right now, he was watching Pokemon Journeys on his iPad on Netflix. Pokemon Journeys was an anime where two boys, Ash and Goh travel the world to see, battle and catch Pokemon as research fellows. It was the evening and it was almost bed time, A woman with grey hair and blue eyes came into his room.

"9:00pm, device away!" The woman said strictly.

Nathan sighed and he passed his iPad to the woman. She took it out of the room and turned off the lights. Nathan then rolled to sleep.

A few days later the orphanage was having terrible financial problems. The rooms of the orphanage were broken and very messy. The light bulbs were flickering. They didn't have enough money to maintain the place.

On one evening, the lightbulbs stop working all together and there was no electricity. The same woman from a week ago came into the room with a stranger. She was holding a lantern in one of her hands.

"The orphanage had closed down!" She announced. "You are to go with this young man to a new orphanage. He is the only one with a van with enough room for a wheelchair. You are leaving, now!"

"Okay" Said Nathan. He didn't care if the orphanage closed down. His life was boring enough. At least a journey in a van will probably be enough to excite him, being able to see the world through the windows.

The woman who worked there was very strict and elderly and seems to not care about the orphans who lived here.  He looked at the man that was about to take him into the van. He was a young adult. He had dark brown hair and a t shirt with graffiti art on it. His shoes had holes in it and you can see his dirty white socks. Nathan got onto his wheelchair and followed him through the hallways. There were no other orphans. He was the last one left. When they got out, it was raining and the clouds were dark grey. He lowered the platform and then got up into inside the van. The van smelt of cigarettes and was very dirty. Nathan relaxed in his wheelchair, thinking about watching the next episode of Pokemon Journeys when he gets there.

When the van got moving, it was apparent that van was moving over 100 kilometres per hour. The driver was reckless! The van was so fast that he couldn't see anything and the van moved up and down. He was getting sick! After a few minutes of terrible driving, Nathan gasped with shock when he saw that the van was heading straight to a truck at an intersection!

"Why on earth did the woman choose this terrible driver to take me to the new orphanage?!" Nathan thought with terror!

The man tried to hit the brakes but it was too late. As the van gets closer and closer to the truck, Nathan closed his eyes, preparing for the impact!

"I'm definitely going to die!" Nathan thought, just before the impact.

"CRASH!" The van hit the truck!

The pain was tremendous, but was very brief. Nathan flew out of his wheelchair and hit the back of the van. The van also flipped. All the noise of engines went away in a buzz! It was all blackness. He couldn't see or hear. He tried to speak but he couldn't do it!

Nathan quickly found himself in a dark tunnel. He was shocked when he found out he was standing on two legs and can walk!

"I can walk!" He thought happily.

"Though, where am I" He then thought, disjointly. After walking for a while, he found the exit! There was a very bright light at the end of the tunnel!

"The exit!" He thought happily as he started running towards it. Suddenly, he was engulfed in the bright light and he squinted his eyes. (If he even had eyes, who knows?)

The bright light disappeared and Nathan's senses's flooded again. He was in a field of white flowers underneath a beautiful blue sky!

"I must of died" Nathan thought sadly. "I hope that god is here, though."

Nathan was a person who believed in god and the afterlife. However, he never really had a set religion like Christianity or Hinduism. He just believes in his own god and afterlife.

He relaxed a bit and looked at the fluffy clouds in the sky.

"Hello, earthling!" A masculine voice came out of nowhere. "How can I help you?"

A tall figure walked up to Nathan. He had long blond hair, crystal blue eyes and pale ivory skin. He was also wearing a white down and a small golden crown with a ruby in the middle on his head.

Nathan's jaw dropped.

"Is he god?!"

He discovered that he could speak.

"Are you god?" Nathan asked the tall figure.

"Yes." He smiled. "Though not the god that you earthlings believe in!"

"Is this the afterlife?" asked Nathan.

"No." God said. "This is the place before the afterlife. I'm sorry to say that you died from the van crashing into a truck."

"I already know." Said Nathan.

"You don't seem very upset by it! Most earthlings cry and are very upset when they find out they died" Said god, surprised.

"My life was boring! I was an orphan, stuck in an orphanage! Also, I was stuck to a wheelchair and I had no friends or family! Of course I'm not very upset by it!" Shouted Nathan

"I know you had a hard life." Said god. "I just thought that you was looking forward to the future!"

"I was not looking forward to it. It was very bleak"

"Ok. Nathan, you have choice, here. You can either go to the afterlife or reincarnate into anything you wish! What do you want?"

Nathan's heart leapt.

"Reincarnated?! Into anything you wish?! A Pokémon?!"

"I want to be reincarnated, god! I have no family or friends, so an afterlife would be very boring!"

"Very well." God said sweetly. "Tell me what you want to be! It can be anything!"

"Even if it was created by humans?"

"You mean earthlings?" Said god. "That will work as well!"

"I'd love to be a Pokémon! A fire type please!"

"I had a fan-fiction of a boy turning into a Torchic that will never be completed, now that I died. Turning into a fire type Pokémon would be a dream!" Thought Nathan.

"As you wish. However, if you choose to reincarnate, you will lose all your memories of your previous life. Are you sure you want to do this?!"

"I'm sure! My previous life was miserable anyways!"

God nodded and he disappeared. The ground of flowers also collapsed. Again, he can no longer hear, see or talk in the blackness. A light appeared beneath Nathan's feet and he started falling towards it. The light then completely engulfed him again!

Then it had happened. A new life had started. But Into what fire type Pokémon? Turn to the next page to find out!