Chapter 7: Charmander vs Squirtle!

Over the next few days, Charlie attended the Pokémon school. Charlie loved talking to Leaf the Chikorita, Lupus the Rockruff and Lucas the Riolu at morning tea and lunch time. It was day four of the Pokémon school and Charlie is trying to master his ember attack.

Everybody was watching him. Charlie drew in a big breath and felt the burning feeling very strongly in his chest. He concentrated and released the burning feeling. Lots of hot embers came out of his mouth and hit the hay dummy of a Pikachu that he was aiming at! Everyone except for Jack the Squirtle and Nelson the Sandile cheered and clapped!

"Boo hoo! Ember won't hurt me!" Sneered Jack.

"Me neither!" Said Nelson.

"Just wait! I will beat you in battle, Jack!" Charlie shouted at the bullies.

"You will never beat me, with that puny ember attack!" Laughed Jack.

Charlie growled at Jack.

The teacher, Mr Birch the Sceptile interrupted the conflict between Charlie and Jack.

"If you two want to fight," said Mr Birch "just wait until tomorrow. We will be starting your first PE battles and you two can prove yourself in battle!"

"Okay" said Charlie, nervous about the battle tomorrow.

"Got it! You guys wait! I will defeat that puny Charmander!" Jack shouted to the class.

"That's quite enough Jack!" Said Mr Birch.

"Okay!" Growled Jack and he quietened down.

"That's all for today class!" Birch told the children. "Tomorrow, we will be starting our first Pokémon battles! Please make sure you are in top health before arriving to class tomorrow."

The bell for lunchtime rang and Charlie headed out of class to see his friends at the lunch clearing. He joined up with Leaf, Lupus and Lucas.

After school, when Charlie saw mother Charizard and father Garchomp, they were very proud of him for mastering ember.

"One day, the ember will turn into a mighty flamethrower!" Smiled father Garchomp.

The next day, Charlie got up early and had a hearty breakfast of berries and fried Chansey eggs (cooked by mother Charizard using her flamethrower.)

"You need the protein in the eggs for your first Pokémon battle." Mother Charizard urged her son.

"Ok" said Charlie as he gobbled up the eggs and berries.

After putting his school uniform on, mother Charizard took Charlie up in up the sky and left home.

After arriving to school, Charlie headed off to his Pokémon Science class first.

"Today, you children will be doing a Pokémon type advantage test to see how well you know the three Pokémon types." Mrs Fox the Delphox explained.

"You will be marked from 1 to 5 on how many questions you answer right!" Said Mrs Fox.

She headed off to the edge of the room to grab multiple papyrus paper and passed them onto the students. Charlie grabbed one of them and looked at the questions.

One of them said 'Which Pokémon is more likely to win in a Pokémon battle against each other, a water typed Pokémon or a fire type?"

Charlie was feeling cheeky and even though he knew it was wrong, he answered "fire type."

Charlie answered the rest of the questions from what he knows. When he was finished, he put his hands up in the air and Mrs Fox came to collect his papyrus paper. When everyone has handed in their tests, Mrs Fox spoke again.