Chapter 11: The Electric Crystal Cave!

Charlie woke up on Wednesday morning, feeling excited. Mother Charizard was roasting apples for breakfast, using her flamethrower move. She turned her head, to see that her son was up. She noticed that he looked excited.

"Good morning Charlie, why are you giggling?"

"Oh, today, I got my first expedition to the Crystal Cave!" Said Charlie excitedly.

"That's wonderful!" Beamed mother Charizard. "You are having cooked apples for breakfast. Something different than all the berries you normally have for breakfast."

She grabbed the cooked apples and put it on a piece of wood and she carried it to Charlie.

"Enjoy!"

Charlie gobbled it up. It tasted so good and sweet!

While Charlie was preparing to leave with mother Charizard, something was shaking in the grass. A small green dinosaur Pokémon, none other than Leaf leapt out of the grass and landed onto Charlie's chest. This caught him by surprise!  Mother Charizard giggled.

"Leaf!" Exclaimed Charlie. "What are you doing here?!"

"Guess who's going to ride on your mother's back!" Leaf boasted.

"That's right." A gentle voice spoke in Charlie's voice.  Charlie turned around to see Flower, the Meganium standing next to mother Charizard.

Flower turned to mother Charizard.

"Lizzie, is it okay that my daughter ride on your back with your son today? I'm going to be busy in a meeting with the other grass type Pokémon."

"Of course Flower!" Smiled Lizzie. "Will you pick her up?"

"Yes I will." Said Flower. 

Flower turned towards her daughter, Leaf, who was sitting next to Charlie.

"Leaf, my little Chikorita, I'm going now!"

"Okay mum"

Flower turned away and walked off, with Leaf lifting one of her front legs to wave goodbye to her.

"Charlie, Leaf, hop onto my back." Said mother Charizard as she lowered herself to let them on.

Charlie and Leaf both leapt on and Charlie's mother lifted off and took to the sky.

"Wow!" Squealed Leaf "look how small the trees and houses are from here!"

"I can see my own house from here!"

Charlie found Leaf's squealing annoying even though he knew that it was her first time up in the sky.

Charlie and Leaf got off mother Charizard's back once they arrived to the Pokémon school. Leaf thanked mother Charizard for taking her to school and she lifted off and flew away.

Charlie waved Leaf goodbye and he hurried to PE battlefield to meet up with the other children, Mr Birch and Mr Robin, so that he can go on the expedition to the crystal cave!

When he arrived, he saw that everyone were at the Battlefield including the PE teachers and the Pokémon science teacher, Mrs Fox the Delphox. They were all talking to each other excitedly and the three electric type Pokémon were jumping around. All except Jack the Squirtle and Nelson the Krokorok were happy. They were moaning and were scheming about sneaking out of the class before they left.

"SILENCE!" Yelled Mr Birch.

Everyone stopped taking and looked at him, the bullies, however were looking for a place to sneak off.

"Before we leave, I will remind everyone that only electric typed Pokémon will feel the effects of th...."

"Mr Birch, Jack and Nelson are sneaking off!" Interrupted Mr Robin, the Decidueye.