Chapter 18: The School Battling Tournament - Part 3

For the night after the first round, all of the Pokémon, contestants and the Pokémon that are watching the tournament (all of the school students, their parents and family) slept in a very large wooden building that is only used once per year for the annual school battling tournaments. It is a 5 minute walk from the school.

The next morning, all of the Pokémon returned to the battlefield. Charlie stood with the remaining contestants as Mr Birch shouted out the matches for the second round. Marina the Brionne was up against Waltz the Kirlia, after Charlie's was the match between Lucas the Riolu and Ellie the Phanpy, and the last match of the round was Sweetie the Togetic vs the bully, Jack the Wartorle. Even though Jack was a bully, Charlie was hoping that he would win, so he could face him in a match!

Charlie was up against a Axel the Axew, a dragon type Pokémon and a Wittyclaw student. Charlie already decided that he would use dragon breath to quickly end the match, as his fire fang and flamethrower would not be very effective against him.

Charlie sat with his girlfriend, Leaf and her mother, Flower the Meganium to watch the match of Marina the Brionne and Waltz the Kirlia. In a display of the sparkles of Dazzling Gleam, purple energy waves of Psybeam, and the many bubbles of Bubble Beam, Marina the Brionne managed to defeat Waltz the Kirlia, though she was very close to fainting too and was rushed to the Healing Centre alongside Waltz after the match was over. Charlie's heart was pounding with the prospect of his upcoming match against the small dragon Pokémon.

"Charlie, and Axel, will you head to the battlefield for match, please!" Called out Mr Birch's Voice."

Charlie said goodbye to Leaf, who wished him good luck, and made his way to the battlefield.

As Charlie positioned himself on the battlefield, he could see Axel walking to his position on the other side, looking very nervous.

"The battle between Charlie the Charmander and Axel the Axew is about to start!" Roared Mr Birch. "Known as the strongest student in his class, Charlie the fiery Pokemon is ready to face Axel, who is a creative Pokemon who loves art and battles. He looks very nervous!"

Axel was shuddering, gritting his teeth.

"I... I.... never thought I would need to face you this soon! I knew I would have to face you eventually if I win, but not now!" Stammered Axel.

"Don't be nervous, Axel, enjoy the thrill of the battle!" Encouraged Charlie.

"...If you say so!"

Mr Robin the Decidueye landed on the sidelines from the air. He was holding his two colored flags.

"This battle will be over when one Pokemon is unable to battle!" He hooted. "No use of berries or held items are allowed!"

Charlie could hear Axew muttering "oh boy..." on the opposite side of the battlefield.

"Three.... two.... one.... Battle begin!" Shouted Mr Birch. He ran to the sidelines, to be next to Mr Robin.

Charlie could see that Axel was hesitating to move, so he ran towards him and stopped at a halt a few meters away from him.

"I use Dragon Breath!" He shouted as he took a deep breath, as he let dragon thoughts come to his mind. He released the feeling inside of him, which in turn become the deep purple aura. It hit Axel directly.

"OOOH Charlie used Dragon Breath and went for a super effective hit! AND IT DIRECTLY HIT HIM!" Roared Mr Birch. "Will Axel be able to survive the hit?!"

Axel was laying face down on the ground. However, he pushed himself up with his short arms and slowly raised up to his feet.

"And AXEL SURVIVES THE HIT! But he is already on the verge of fainting! What move will he do to get out of this tight spot?!"