Chapter 14

After finishing up with Kennedy, he knew that Zeb was mad at him for the stuff he did for her. Sure he went a little overboard but he wanted what was best for his family and what was best was to match his lifestyle. He liked good things, it wasn't his fault that they were expensive. He smiled at the thought of having a movie night at the house he bought for them and because he knew she liked taking care of herself, he made sure to put all properties in her name, something that Kennedy strongly advised against but after they met she changed her mind. "How did you do it?", she had asked him earlier during their meeting. "I mean she is so not your type, your type usually has an NDA attached to it" she laughed at him. Kennedy was one of those friends that were 'ride or die' in his life, they have seen each other grow and in all honesty, he trusted her with his life and she would do the same.

He took a shower and looked at his phone, it was 8 pm on his end meaning 8 am on Zeb's, the perfect time to call, Kennedy had done some snooping at her restaurant learning that she was mostly busy during lunchtime. She also praised her for being hard working and organised and having the best cuisine ever created. Making him laugh. She has never been that excited to meet his girlfriends before. It warmed his heart, everyone that met Zeb was accepting her. He picked up his phone and dialled Zeb bracing himself for impact. She answered with one ring, she was looking very formal in her Chef's uniform and a headband with red lipstick on, she had only shared pictures with him so this was the first time he saw her at work. "Hi babe, good morning", he said lazily while getting cosy between the sheets. "Hi Lewis!", she replied with a serious face. "What's with the cold shoulder?", "You know why", she rolled her eyes. "But Zeb am just looking out for my family and you are the one who said I get to do anything I want if I promise not to break your heart", he knew that was the only card he had but he had to use it, he was desperate and he wanted to see her smile before he fell asleep. "that did not mean you buying a house and a car!! they are expensive and you know my stand when it comes to such things come on", "Babe that was me providing for my family and I know you are an independent woman and I love you for it which is why I didn't touch your business or your account", he pleaded, she was softening up. "What did the kids say about their rooms? they have a joint door for privacy, just how Zoe likes it", that made a smile appear on her face, "I recorded them, I will send the video to you that way you see it yourself", she replied excitement written all over her face, "I can hardly wait, but I just got in and am so sleepy and I really missed my house", he said making a happy face but saw Zeb's turn sad. "Babe why the sad face?", "I feel like am the one that is keeping you from your home and your family", "Hell no, they are happy that I found someone and they can't wait to meet you guys. So we usually celebrate two things yearly in our family, our parent's anniversary every first two weeks of July and two weeks having Christmas and new year. And I asked Zubair he said it's ok if we promise to spend Easter with him and Sarah. I asked for a week of Easter to be included in my off days which got accepted so we can do this if that is ok with you", he knew it was another bomb that he had dropped on her but he was excited. She bit her lip and her eyes became hooded with desire making his body shiver. "Babe, don't do that when am miles away come on", he begged, making her laugh. "What in the world am I doing Captain Rollins?", her voice was calm. She was pushing his buttons, clearly making sure that her revenge is served cold as ice. He knew she would make him pay for all he was making her do but he just never thought her boldness would be that high. He took a deep breath and looked at the woman on the screen laughing at him. "So is that a yes?", he asked after managing to get the strength to think straight. She nodded her head and replied with an 'i love you'  as someone walked into her office. They had been on face time for two hours and he still wanted to talk more but it was clear that his eyes were giving up on him.

"Jeez! You scared the shit out of me, what are you doing here Brian it's literally 9 am", he told his friend who was in his kitchen making himself a cup of coffee like he owned the place. Well I wanted coffee and I don't have a machine at my apartment and my housekeeper doesn't get in until noon, how was boxing?", replied with a sip of his coffee. The only thing that he loved besides waking up next to Zeb was having a boxing session every morning, it didn't happen as much as he liked but he made sure to do it whenever he was in his house that has a dedicated gym section. He has told Kennedy to customise the twin's rooms for when they visit matching Zeb's house design so he was more than happy to have them now that Zeb agreed to the Rollin family tradition. "Boxing was awesome, felt like I was beginning to lose interest but after a session I just had, am not backing down", he replied while sitting by the counter pouring himself coffee as well.

"Now that is the smell of pasta that I have been craving", he said as he was entering his parents' kitchen. His mother was facing her stove while his father was grabbing a beer from the fridge. "Lewis!! my baby is home", she shouted and long forgotten was the food on the stove, his father rushed to it and started stirring with a smile on his face, something was up. after the greetings he sat next to his father enjoying a beer when his sister walked in with wide eyes and ran to him, hugging him like they haven't seen each other in ages. They talked to each other all the time but here she was holding him as if he would disappear after letting go. "What is wrong with you guys?", he asked as they were getting too emotional. "Well we are just happy to have grandkids, so when are we adopting them and meeting my daughter in law?", his mother asked without taking a breath, before he could process his brother walked in and join the conversation talking about Zeb's figure, it was getting out of hand. "Guys chill, one thing at a time, God!", he took a deep breath. "Can we have lunch first at least, I missed Mum's food", with that everyone agreed but not willingly, his Mum had to force them to the dining room.