Chapter 30

The time for Cavril to pick her up was approaching so she was getting ready while Lewis was in the living room sitting with the kids doing homework. She decided to wear a champagne pink dress that had a slit to her mid thigh, it's a dress that Lewis bought for her on her birthday, but she never got to wear it because he was halfway across the country by then. It made her butt pop out more than normal and the cleavage was bearable so not too much skin. She collected her purse and walked down the stairs when she heard a doorbell ring and saw Lewis hurrying towards the entrance as if he was waiting for it. She knew he was jealous and if it was up to him she wouldn't have been going but he chose to remain quiet about the matter. "Cavril right? Am Lewis, Zeb's boyfriend", she heard him introduce himself, "Yes, I am, Pleasure", Cavril replied shortly. He was never a man of many words even during his birthday, he only spoke when someone asked him a question or when he needed to make a speech, the rest of the night he just stared at Zeb. "Am ready, we can go now", she announced her presence while pulling Lewis in for a goodbye hug. "You're not going like that", he said seriously. Zeb looked at Cavril and asked him to wait for her in the car, when she was certain that he was far enough she pulled Lewis in a passionate kiss, making him moan in the process and hold her tighter, she pulled away and looked in his eyes, "Lewis, I would like to believe that you bought this dress for me because you wanted me to wear it right?", "Yes, but when you are going out with me, not him, come on Babe", he whined making her laugh. "Do you trust me?", she asked him knowing that it was a silly thing to do. "Of course, it's him I don't trust", he replied placing his head in the crook of her neck. "Lewis, I love you more than anything and I will never cheat on you, but I will have male friends and maybe they will look like Cavril, it doesn't mean I will want more than friendship with them, ok?", she made sure to say the words while staring in his eyes, for him to see how honest she was being with him. He kissed her goodbye and she followed Cavril to his Bentley. It was a luxurious car, it matched him. "Trouble in paradise?", he asked while looking out the window, "Not really, just miscommunication, don't you have those?". He never replied so she also remained silent.

When they reached the mansion, Cavril helped her out of the car and the way he looked at her made her feel powerful. They walked in, the house was full of people wearing fancy clothes who turned towards them whenever they passed by. She saw Morgan talking to some young men and smiled as Cavril led her to their group. "Mother, Zeb is here", he said calmly. She turned with eyes full of cheer and pulled her in a hug that almost made them fall. Zeb felt Cavril's hand on her waist steadying her. It felt good but she brushed the feeling away. "Morgan, you almost broke my leg", she joked making her laugh. "Zeb, am so happy you made it", "Am happy you invited me as well". Cavril led her to the bar where she met his brothers and their wives. They were all very nice to her and she felt comfortable around them. "So how are those amazing twins?", Xavier asked, "They are behaving, if that's what you are asking", her reply made him laugh and he started telling them about what happened when he went for a food tasting for the birthday and the twins were all over the place. Everyone laughed but when her eyes met Cavril, he had a different impression, like he was admiring her, she smiled at him and he smile back. After dinner, she was sitting with Morgan, listening to how she had a hard time gathering her family for the party when she felt a hand touch her shoulder. "May I have this dance?", Cavril asked and she accepted without a second thought, it was like he was able to make her do anything just by looking at her. When they reached the dance floor, he held her close to him making her smell his perfume which was masculine, and it was very nice. She leaned into his chest looking the opposite way. "Where is their father?", "It's Lewis, you met him". "Their real Father, Zeb", "H-he is not in the picture, he left when I was still pregnant", she felt him hugging her tighter, offering comfort. "It's ok, Lewis is what they need", "Do you love him?". "Yes I do", "Even after he did what he to did you?", the question made her pull back to see his face, she wondered how he knew about that, "I know a lot of people Zeb and you know their buttons, they tend to give you any information you need", he assured her. "Are you stalking me Cavril?", she teased to ease the tension, she believe that Morgan would not allow any of her sons to cross that kind of boundary. "Oooh no, am just protecting my Mother's favourite Chef", he smiled, it was a beautiful smile and a rare one. "You should smile more often, it suits you", "I will when you answer my question", he said seriously, his blue eyes digging into her soul, she took a deep breath and answered. "I love him, even though he kissed another woman while he was with me, he promised not to do it again and I choose to believe him", "Fair enough, I won't lie and say am not attracted to you Zeb, I want you, all of you and am sure there is a part of you that wants me too so maybe in another life you were mine, but in this, I will respect Lewis and only ask for your friendship, if you will allow it", honesty was written all over his face making her feel nothing but relief. "I would love that, having a buff friend could really come in handy", "You plan on getting us in trouble?", he asked with a smile, making her laugh "Definitely".

"Thank you for tonight, I really had a great time", "Me too, it's actually the first one I was able to attend, am always on the run", he replied while taking his coat from her. She hugged him good night and locked the door behind her. She found Lewis passed out on the couch watching TV so she want to remove her makeup, take a shower and finally went to wake Lewis up. "Babe, wake up", she said while playing with his hair, it was her favourite thing to do. He followed her to bed without complaint and pulled her to him as soon as they were between the sheets. She turned to him and placed his head on her chest, it always calmed him best and in a few minutes, he was out as a light.