Ch 58 Dream Team

The battle draws near! Unfortunately, due to the crunch time drawing near for final end of year projects, including my big "final project" for graduation, I can't devote as much time to the main story as I would like. Considering this is the big final battle I've been hinting towards, I want to take my time and make it the best it can be.

So, OtR is paused until May or MAYBE late April depending on how much I get done. In the mean time, I'll try to finish off Commander, Meet the Cat since its not as high stakes of a story. I'll also maybe post some original story stuff for my $1 up patrons as well as some WIPs for the $3 up peeps ^^
Again tho, I will eventually post all fanfic content on the various sites!

Until May!

CW: Trust Shattered remnants, sexual humor, general horniness that is pervasive in every one of my chapters apparently

-------------------------------------

"Woah!" Wrecker exclaimed, whirling around. "Did we just teleport?!"

I spun around too, startled by the change of scenery. "What in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail is this?"

"What in the what?" Hunter echoed, also spooked.

The Night Hunter on Crosshair's shoulder hopped about, chittering, but it only registered as babble to me. Angry babble, but babble nevertheless.

"It's almost evening too!" Tech exclaimed, gesturing at the low sun. "I do not know what he did, but whatever it was fast forwarded us through space and time!"

"He is a god," I reminded him with an ear twitch, taking note of the way the Batch automatically shifted to a back-to-back stance.

There was that soldier-hood kicking back into gear. Hard to shake after being bred from birth to expect an attack.

"Shadow, what did you mean Monty Python and the... what?" Hunter repeated, pulling me back in between him and Tech.

"It's a movie," I replied, batting his hand away. "Also weird as hell. And y'all can un..." I gestured at their stance.

A beat passed before they relaxed.

"Do you... enjoy any movies that aren't odd?" Hunter asked.

I grinned at him, punching his shoulder. "Now where's the fun in that?"

"Can we just get movin'?" Crosshair demanded, kicking a dead Clicker. "Had enough nonsense."

"Shadow," Tech spoke up, tugging my arm and jerking his chin at the bridge. "Should we be concerned about him?

I glanced over, frowning at the hobgoblin of a man standing by it.

Bridgekeeper, that you?

Crosshair followed my gaze then groaned. "What now?"

Questions three.

"I got this," I told the men. "Stay here."

"You aren't plannin' to fight him alone are ya, Squeak?" Wrecker asked with a tilt of his head, blaster at the ready.

"Not all fights are physical, my man," I said, pointing finger guns at him and winking before trotting over to the bridge.

"Stop!" the hobgoblin rasped, grin revealing broken snaggly teeth. "Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see."

I crossed my arms and swished my tail. "Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I am not afraid."

"What! Is your name?"