17

Ja'Lyssa Brooks
Atlanta, Ga| Same Day
3:30 pm

"What's the move today?" She asked as her and the girls were all sitting in Jai's car.

"Walk around the park?" Sabria suggested. They nodded agreeing since it was nice outside. Jai started the car and pulled out her driveway.

They arrived at the park they usually go to, which was down the street from where they lived. They got out of the car once Jai parked. They began walking on the side of the playground where they watched as kids played.

"Awww that baby so cuteee." Sabria said as she pointed at a small little baby boy that looked like he was around the age of 1.

The girls eyes followed Sabria finger and all looked at the small little boy running around smiling. "Just gave me baby fever for real." Sabria spoked causing all of them to look at her.

"Girl it's FTK round here." Loni said as they continued walking. Jai nodded her head agreeing. Even though Jai knew she wanted kids in the future. "You really gone let Bam take you out the game?"

"I meannn shittt I guess." Sabria said shrugging as Loni laughed.

Jai phone began to vibrating. She saw it was a text from Saint. Lately her and Saint been getting a little closer in their relationship. Even though sometimes he would ghost her.

They continued walking around the park making it to the basketball court. Seeing that it wasn't as pack but it was a couple of boys there. There was this one lightskin dude playing with no shirt on. He looked over to where the girls was at and winked at Alaya.

"Y'all saw that?" Loni said as we nodded. "I think he was winking at lay."

Alaya started to blush. The dude wasn't ugly but he wasn't Jai type so even if he was trynna talk to her, he wouldn't even get a chance. Alaya watched as she saw him play basketball. He had the ball, he then threw it making the shot. As he made the shot he turned facing Alaya smirking.

"Awww lay go get ya mansss." Sabria said pointing at the shirtless lightskin boy that was literally walking towards them. Alaya smacked Sabria hand down as the lightskin dude approached them.

The boy walked up towards lay and smiled. "Yoo wasssup ma."

"Hey." Was all Alaya could say. She tried to hide the fact that she was blushing but she wasn't doing a good job.

"Can I see ya phone?" He asked. Alaya unlocked it and gave it too him. He started typing something but they couldn't see. He handed the phone back to Alaya. Jai got a quick glance at her phone and saw that he put his number in her phone saving it as "Bae".

"Haven't even known her for 24 hours and she's bae??" Jai thought.

"I didn't get ya name." Alaya said looking at the boy.

"Jay." He spoke and Alaya nodded.

"You better call me." Jay said as he walked off back to the court. The girls cheered Alaya on, as they continued there walk.

"Aye I just thought of something." Loni randomly spoke. "Y'all know how Cymone was gone that weekend, I have a feeling she did something." They all looked at Loni trying to put together what Loni was thinking.

"And I'm not talking bout she did something towards us I think she cheated." She explained as the confusion on their faces turned into a "oh" face.

"What made you think that?" Alaya asked.

"I don't know I just randomly thought about that. I kinda hope it's not true because it would be sad to have my friend to get cheated on, but I kinda hope it is so he can get with little miss Jai over here." She pointed at Jai making her roll her eyes.

"I hope your theory is wrong." Jai spoke. Her phone begin to vibrate in her back pocket showing she had a text. Seeing that it was Amber so she answered it.

Jai closed her phone as she looked up she saw they made it back to the playground they first started walking from. Jai looked over at the playground seeing these babies smile as they slide down on the slide.

"Omg these babies really are adorable." Jai looked at the babies, she couldn't take her eyes off this baby's dimples as the baby smiled.

"Not you too bestie. I mean yea they are so pretty but I know you not getting baby fever too." Loni spoke.

"Shittt might fuck around and have a baby in this bih. I'm just joking or am i? Obviously is joking." She thought to herself.

"I'm not having no baby fever. But that baby with the dimples was too damn cute." Jai said. They got back to Jai car. As Jai opened the door to her car gun shots started to go off. Jai got down on the ground covering her head. As the rest drop on the ground as well.

The car that the bullets were coming from let out a few more bullets where 4 of the bullets hit Jai's car. The car that the bullets were coming from sounded so close to Jai and them. The car speed off down the street. They got up as they saw multiple people running out of the park.

Jai and the girls quickly got into her car and leaving the park. "Bro who tf just shoots up a park in broad day light with babies there." Loni said getting in the passenger seat.

"Bro shit is getting wild. It felt like that car was so close to us!" Sabria spoke getting on her phone, guessing to text Bam what happened.

———

Shit done got serious.

Who do y'all think was in the car?

Could Loni be true?