𝐂𝟓

The fight would go down on August 3rd

The fight would go down on August 3rd. Which also would be the same day as the festival. At first, you hadn't planned on going. But Emma wanted you to come along with her and Hina. You pretty much figured you would be third wheeling the entire time but if anything, you could slip away and grab some food.

You also heard that Mikey, Draken, Peh and Pah would all be discussing details further today separately. If any changes were going to happen there would be a notice for everyone. With you being in the loop of everything now, that included you too. If it really came down to it, you would also fight. But the conversation you had with your brother last night said otherwise.

"You're not getting involved anymore than you already are." He said sternly. "I refuse to let you do so."

"What?" You had to ask aloud to make sure you heard correctly. "You want me to sit around and just watch you guys fight? What's the point of being there if I can't do anything?"

He didn't exactly meet your gaze, "You're giving me information while I can't be there. That's why you're there. You know I already can't stand when you get caught up in the violent parts of Toman."

"So what were those self defense lessons for if I'm not even allowed to use them?"

"Self defense isn't the same thing as going head to head with a gang member two years older than you are." He asserted. "Didn't you hear what they did to Pah's friend? And his girlfriend? His family? Y/N you can't be this dense."

You understood where he was coming from. Honestly, you really did. At that moment though, you wanted to do nothing but help them out. You knew you probably could. It was just Keisuke preventing you from doing so. "I'm going to the festival anyway, that's where it's happening."

He turned his head away from you and sat down on his bed. "The fighting is off limits. Stay far away where you can't get hurt. There's going to be more than one hundred people there. If you get lost and swept up in the fight, then it'll be difficult to locate you."

"Bullshit–"

"Y/N. We're done discussing this. You're not fighting. Stay out of it. Period."

You bit your tongue to prevent anything else from leaving your lips. It was hard to say no. Especially when he was just looking out for you. You'd rather have a sibling who cares a little too much, than one who doesn't care at all. So instead of trying to rebuttal, you turned around and left him in the room.

After that, he seemed to be a little more distant. Just slightly. As distant as he could get from being confined to the house. It was a chill day so far, so you decided to take out your phone and scroll through your contacts and see who to text. Or even call.

One of them caught your eye in particular. It was Souya's. You hadn't heard from him since the day he texted you. Normally he did keep himself closed off from other people, so not like you were worried about him at all. He didn't attend the meeting because he was sleeping, so you wondered if he got his schedule back on track.