𝐂𝟑𝟐

You uncomfortably woke up in an unfamiliar place

You uncomfortably woke up in an unfamiliar place. The sounds of machinery beeping in your right ear and shuffling in your left. Voices of people were muffled because you were still half asleep.

Twisting your head, you looked down and saw a needle taped to your arm and a long tube connecting to one of the machines to the side of you. When your eyes adjusted, you saw there was nobody else in the room with you. Not even your mother for that matter.

The memory came flooding back into your mind as soon as you thought about it. Quickly remembering why she wasn't there with you.

Last Night

"Hey hey, I need you to stay awake." It was a female with a blue mask over her nose and mouth. She was hovering over you while being transported into a room. "Can you tell me your name?"

That was probably the third time she's asked you that question. "Y/N Baji."

"Good good. Now, are you in a lot of pain right now?" You rocked in the stretcher and squinted your eyes at the bright light.

"Well duh." You said it like it was obvious.

Her eyes slightly widened. "Okay! That's a good sign." She turned her head up and started speaking to another person. "What about the other two?"

A man's voice, "the one with the scar over his eye is stable. The other one..."

The woman spoke again, this time more agitated, "I need a status, Hiran."

Hiran hesitated and you could tell because he had to clear his throat first. "We're working on it."

"Working on what?!"

"He's in critical condition. Not looking good. We're having trouble just keeping his eyes open, we're losing him."

The lady stopped pushing you and immediately you were bombarded by two more white coated doctors. She ended up dragging Hiran out of the room while you continued to try and listen. They were just outside the door so it wasn't too hard, but trying to let the professionals do their work was distracting you from eavesdropping. In the end, you stopped straining your ear.

In minutes, you had your back bandages to hold you over for the time being. Your shoulder was currently being disinfected while another masked person came over you. "You're doing good. However, it looks like you'll need stitches. We would prefer if there was parental consent in the matter, but you were brought here alone and it is necessary for your health."

You stared at them, "can my mom be called while you do that?"

A nod, "yes absolutely. If you give us her number, we'll get in contact while we treat you." So you waited for the doctor to get a notepad before giving her number to them. "Alright. Just sit tight."