𝐂𝟐𝟔

The abrupt ringing broke you from your nap

The abrupt ringing broke you from your nap. In fact, you had been so peaceful, and comfortable that you debated on letting your phone ring and whoever had interrupted your slumber would have to call back later.

But now, you were already up and looking around for it. Grasping on the object you pulled it up to look at the contact calling you. Groaning, you hit accept and held the phone to your ear. "Draken. If you call me while I'm sleeping again I'm going to block your number."

"How was I supposed to know you were sleeping?"

"Fair point, what did you need?"

"Emergency meeting at the Shrine."

You could've figured that's what he needed but didn't feel like jumping to the conclusion. Also, you wanted to sleep. Not attend a meeting. "When?"

"An hour or so."

You groaned. Why couldn't anyone give a notice more than 3 hours before something big was to happen. "Are you serious?"

"Very."

"Why don't we just have skype calls or something? That way I don't have–"

"I'll see you there."

Then he hung up on you. You tossed your phone onto the other side of your bed and laid down again. Maybe you'd at least get a few more minutes of sleep before you got ready to leave.

-------------------------

Well, now you are late.

Not by a lot, just maybe five or so minutes. So you tried to sneak into the first division by cutting through the side. You could already hear Draken's voice booming so hopefully everyone was more concerned about whatever he was saying over your late arrival.

Just as you were trying to slide your way in next to Chifuyu you were not ready for Draken to call out the entire division. "FIRST DIVISION. STEP FORWARD WITH YOUR REPORTS."

Startled, you froze momentarily. Chifuyu tapped your shoulder and jutted out his chin slightly so you'd get the idea to stand next to him. Luckily you did, and luckily Chifuyu took over most of the talking.

"The unit we were attacked by was the Mochizuki unit."

You didn't even know they had a unit name. At no point during that whole encounter did you think to figure out who they were and who was leading them. It also didn't occur to you that the whole of Toman was attacked. It was all planned.

That realization made you shudder. Then Nahoya stepped in and said something about them probably being the strongest Tenjiku unit. Which would've made perfect sense since you saw what they could do already.