𝐂𝟐𝟗

Obviously you had to call him back after your initial shock

Obviously you had to call him back after your initial shock. He gave you where he was located and then you ran not caring about whether or not he was still on the phone. Nurses and doctors urged you to slow down and not run in the hospital but you couldn't listen or care to fix your pace.

Apparently he was one floor above you. Not bothering to take the elevator, you were dashing up the steps. This must've been the second–no, third time you've had to do this. Had the first time not been enough? Why did it happen two more times?

And why do the people you care about keep disappearing out of your life?

When you reached the top of the steps you made a sharp left and could see Takemichi down the hallway. But he wasn't alone. Mikey was slumped over on the couch and leaning up against the wall not moving.

Your legs stopped moving when you reached the large glass window. On the inside you could see Draken, standing deadly still in front of a table with a body in front of it. You didn't move.

A part of you wanted to rush in there and see it for yourself. But the other part wanted you to let Draken have his time. So your inner conflict ended up bringing you to your knees.

Takemichi went over to you and tried to catch you before you fell completely but you just allowed yourself to hit the ground.

Tears erupted from your eyes and you didn't even get the chance to tell yourself to calm down. A strange habit you had whenever things would go completely wrong. Never wanting to believe it firsthand and just shut your eyes and close your ears and wait for it to go away.

Takemichi couldn't even help you because he was also crying. But he still tried by rubbing your back. "I'm... I'm really sorry."

His words barely reached your ears. "Why... Why are you apologizing?"

He dropped his head. "I didn't protect her. We were just all at Shinichiro's grave and then Kisaki came and he– he..."

You lifted your head and raised your eyes at Takemichi. "You said... Kisaki?" Your voice was breaking but you needed to get your information straight. "He killed her..."

At that moment, Draken walked out of the room and started to leave the hallway. But he asked Mikey to come outside for a moment with him. So you traded places with him and stood up while Takemichi worriedly watched Mikey and Draken leave.

You entered the room and immediately felt your stomach turn. She was lying there looking semi peaceful. If you hadn't known any better you would've thought she was just getting a beauty rest.

"Emma..." Memories with her flooded into your mind. From the first time you met her, from the most recent ones you had with her.

When you met Emma, it was probably a little after Keisuke introduced you to Toman's founding members. At the time you found it extremely boring because you couldn't figure out why a bunch of boys running around in uniforms could be interesting.