𝐂𝟑𝟒

That following morning you woke up in your own bed and not on the couch

That following morning you woke up in your own bed and not on the couch. You could very faintly remember him bringing you there after you fell asleep. But only because when you felt his arms leave after gently putting you down, you protested and pulled him back down with you.

So that does explain why he was still here. Soundly sleeping on your chest like a baby; which you found out he's done every time he's gotten the chance. It also made you happy that he felt safe enough to actually rest around you so you couldn't argue anything.

Today was the day of Emma's funeral and you knew it would probably take longer for you to get ready. On top of that you were positive the two of you slept in longer than necessary. So as much as you hated to wake him from his slumber, you knew you'd both end up being late if you didn't get up now.

Souya had to go home and since you were on a motorcycle ban you'd probably be carpooling with Chifuyu again. Though you knew he didn't want his mom to drive him, it's not like there was another choice because he wanted to accommodate you.

You tapped on the top of his head to gently stir him awake. He hummed and it felt like he just dug his head further into your body. Mimicking a child who doesn't want to be woken up for school.

A smile crept onto your face and you sighed. He always made it so hard for you to do simple tasks. He never even realized he was doing it to you. It's not that he's not observant, but he wasn't the sharpest when it came to those types of things.

"As much as I just want to lay here with you, we need to get up." You felt him mumble something; the vibrations running through your sternum.

But then he lifted his head up and rubbed his eyes. "What time is it?" His voice was groggy and his vision was still coming to him.

You didn't know where your phone was located at the moment so you just shrugged. "I don't know. Late?"

He pushed himself off of you, "you're going to be alright by yourself for a bit?"

"I don't have a choice. But I'll be good. Chifuyu is only a floor away if anything. Last night I just um..." He looked at you as if he was waiting for you to finish. You cleared your throat, "just needed a different type of company."

Luckily for you, he didn't even seem to question what you meant by your choice of words. Then again you noticed that he never really questioned much if he already understood. Chifuyu might've been more prone to such nonsense; Souya wasn't annoying like he was.

He stood up and stretched his arms overhead. "I'll see you later?" He leaned back down and left a soft kiss on your forehead.

If you could, you would've melted on the spot. "Yeah. Get home safely."

Souya wasn't necessarily a clingy person, but his affection came from his touch. He could and would endlessly embrace you without saying a damn word. However, ask him a question that is more than surface level deep, and he'll most likely hesitate for a while. That much was clear last night.