𝐂𝟑𝟓

It was already a week after that day and you were getting ready to go meet with the others to bury the time capsule

It was already a week after that day and you were getting ready to go meet with the others to bury the time capsule. You didn't exactly know what you were going to bring, or anything that would be of importance 12 years later. In 12 years it'd be 2018. By then the whole world might've been different than what it is now. Or maybe an apocalypse will have broken out. There was no way to tell.

You poked your head out from your room door and shouted across the hall, "I NEED SOME HELP WITH SOMETHING PLEASE!"

Your mom had been discharged from the hospital a few days ago. When you asked what was wrong she just told you it was minor adult problems. Things that happen with age. Reluctantly, you didn't ask again because you knew that was as far as you'd get.

Her footsteps came closer to your door within a few moments. "You need my help? Whew, the world is ending!" She opened the door wider and let herself in. "With what?"

"My friends and I are burying a time capsule and opening it in 12 years. I need something to bring."

"A time capsule...?" She questioned out loud. "Well that depends, are you going for something meaningful?"

Shrugging, "I don't know what I'm going for. That's what I need help with."

She looked around your room. Not scanning for anything particular but just trying to get an idea of what could be good. "Doesn't have to be anything big. Whatever is important to you right now, just throw it in."

Important to you right now.

What the hell was important to you? But also not too important to be put in a dirty hole in the ground?

"Okay, I've figured it out." You went over to your desk and flipped through a notebook looking for an empty page. "Thanks."

"No problem!" She smiled and headed back out the way she came.

You spent your time writing the letter, maybe putting too much thought into it. Everyone else probably didn't make it too memorable. But you were halfway done with it now and didn't feel like changing it now.

After you were finished, you grabbed the other item you were putting in there and walked out your room at last. You were supposed to start heading over so you could bury everything with the others. Slipping on your shoes, you announced that you were leaving.

"Be safe!"

"I will!"

——————

When you arrived at the site, it was already strangely nostalgic. After today, you'd likely not have a reason to be back here for a while. So seeing everyone gather one more time together in casual clothes was different.

You got off the bike and went to join them. The large tree was the spot where everything would be and lay for the next 12 years. In order to not reveal what each person was bringing, the guys had packaged their things differently.