Chapter One: Introduction

Everyone's childhood is different. Everyone's life is different. But one thing can change in someone's life for the better or even the worst. With happiness comes pain. It's not possible to stop the pain when it comes. Everyone must grow from it.

Kate Bishop. Coming from money her childhood has been pretty good. Her mom and her dad watched her grow up in their penthouse. Her childhood was great until the day the aliens invaded New York in 2012. The day her father died. This was the day her family was torn apart, But it was also the day she saw her idol, Clint Barton, in action. This was the day she realized she wanted to be a hero. Watching Hawkeye fight aliens with a bow and arrow inspired her. All Kate could do at that moment was watch Hawkeye. One person can change someone's life in an instant. Kate wanted to be a hero because of Hawkeye. She wanted to save people just like him. Just like he saved her. One of the hardest things Kate had to go through was burying her father. So much pain. The only thing keeping Kate together at that moment was her mother. But in the back of her mind she knew what she needed to do. Protect her family. Protect what she has left. Protect her mom. She cannot lose her mom too. From that moment on Kate became a skilled athlete, a proficient martial artist, a master archer and marksman, and an adept swordswomen.

Peter Parker. Just like Kate, he had lost so much at a very young age. He lost his mother. and his father all on the same day. He was dropped off at his Aunts and Uncles apartment and has been there ever since. His parents died in a terrible plane crash. Peter never found out what really happened. Peter looked up to an Avenger. Iron Man, Tony Stark. Peter will never forget the day Tony saved his life during Stark Expo. This was the day Peter knew he wanted to make a difference in the world. Peter thought life would just slow down and he would be happy. As he got older, the pain kept happening. His uncle Ben was shot and passed away. There was nothing Peter could do. Peter thought it was bad luck. Everyone he gets close to dies. He didn't understand why he was still alive. A few months after his uncle died, he got bit by a radioactive spider which gave him powers, the will to live, and the ability to save people. Now Peter is a superhero, helping anyone he can. Making sure no one else dies. He is even being mentored by his hero, Tony Stark. He feels like a whole new person.

Yelena Belova. She thought she had the perfect family. She had no clue her whole childhood was a lie. She looked up to her older sister Natasha. She loved her mother and father. One big happy family. Yelena was happy. Yelena had no clue what was going to happen next. Just like everyone else, that happiness stops and the pain starts. And then it just keeps going and going. She found out her family was a lie and was working undercover. Her family wasn't actually her family. It was so real for her. Her "father" let her and Natasha go into strangers hands. It's like they meant nothing to him. She was betrayed. And just like that her world was turned upside down. She was ripped from her family's arms. Ripped from her sister's arms. And was sent to the Red Room. The Red Room manipulated and trained Yelena into becoming a killer. A master assassin and spy. A Widow. She always thought of herself as a killer. A villain. But could she be more like Natasha? An Avenger? A hero?