Chapter Twenty-Nine: Respect

Green Goblin: Yelena Belova I have been waiting for you.

Yelena: How do you know my name?

Yelena has never met him before, So him saying her name shocked her. It threw her off. But being there helped Peter instantly. The Green Goblin stopped choking him.

Green Goblin: Our friend Valentina says hi. I'm here to fix your mistakes. He should have been killed. Now he will die tonight.

She thought her days with Valentina were done. She never thought Valentina would send someone else to kill Peter.

Yelena: Let him go. Just kill me. He's only a kid.

Kate eventually found Peter and Yelena. She was shocked to find Peter like this. She doesn't know what to do. Yelena is trying to switch places with Peter. At that moment she respected Yelena so much.

Green Goblin: Do you really think you can change? You are a killer. Being a hero is not who you are, Yelena. Valentina has told me all about you. Do you know how much blood is on your hands?

All of Yelena's insecurities are rushing to the surface. She has a fear of going back to her old ways. She just feels betrayed and hurt. Kate literally has no idea what to do. Peter is hanging on by a thread at this point. and Yelena is being emotionally torn down by Green Goblin.

Kate: Hey.

She just can't hold herself together anymore. She's trying her best. Green Goblin is just getting in her head.

Peter: Leave now. Just let me go.

Kate: Peter we aren't going to leave you. Yelena come on, don't listen to him. We can take him.

Yelena: Why do you care? Weeks ago you told me you didn't trust me.

Kate: Exactly that was weeks ago. I trust you now Yelena. I respect you as a leader. Let's do what we were made to do.

Yelena looks at Kate.

Kate: Let's fight for the people we love and kick this guy's ass.

Yelena took a deep breath. Kate was right. They need to work as a team. She's really happy that she and Kate have finally buried the hatchet. As Yelena and Kate were talking. Green Goblin dropped Peter to the ground and got on his Glider. Peter was weak. Green Goblin knew if he killed Yelena and Kate first he could come back to Peter easily.

Green Goblin: Hope you are all ready to lose.

Kate, Yelena, and even Peter get prepared to fight.