Chapter Eighteen: Clint and Nat

The next day. Clint called Nat to talk about the Widow assassin who attacked him and who is after Peter. Clint thought Nat should know. Nat ended up leaving the mission to talk to Clint in person.

Clint: Thanks for coming Nat.

Nat: Of course. As soon as you said you guys were attacked I had to come back. The Germany mission is basically complete. So they didn't need me to stay and help finish the mission.

Clint stares at Nat. He doesn't know why, but yesterday being attacked really bothered him. He worried for Peter. But also telling Nat that it was a widow will really hurt her.

Nat: What's wrong? It seems like this is really bothering you. Who attacked you?

Clint: Well that is what I needed to talk to you about.

Nat: Oh. Do you think I know them?

Clint: It was a widow, Nat.

Nat gets up. She is upset with herself. She knew a widow was in town and did nothing. She didn't think she would attack Clint and go after Peter. There are just so many questions going through Nat's brain. Nat is ready to take action and go after the widow before someone actually gets hurt.

Clint: I didn't see a lot because she used the black widow bite on me and it had put me down for a little bit, but Kate did see her face. We are so lucky that she didn't go after Kate. Kate said she had blonde hair and green eyes. She was a good fighter Nat. One of the best I've ever seen.

Nat: Wait. Say that again.

Clint: Blonde hair and green eyes. That could be anyone.

Nat: I don't know. I need to go find her.

Clint: Do you need me to come with you? I think until we find her we need to keep Peter and his aunt here. Just to be safe. We don't know why she wants Peter but he's just a kid. This could be a mistake or misunderstanding.

Nat: I would love it if you came but I need to do this on my own.

Clint: Are you sure?

Nat: Yes. After we took down the Red room, Widows were left to fend for themselves. I couldn't help everyone. I just wanted everyone to be free. I need to talk to her as soon as I can.

Clint: Okay I understand. If you do need me just let me know. But I know you can handle anything.

Nat: Us widows have been through so much. I'm sure I can get to the bottom of this.