Chapter 45 Part 3

It was dark as it is always before I see a vision. But for some reason, there was no indication of that. It was simply dark. As I tried to make out something of my surroundings, I saw a pair of eyes looking at me. They were big. I remained still waiting to see what would happen. I heard a familiar growling, The pair of eyes came closer and I could see to whom they belonged. It was a big wolf that was even taller than me. I got scared. The last time I had seen this wolf, it had tried to attack me. Now, it stood right in front of me. I didn’t move as I watched the wolf and waited for an attack. But nothing happened. The wolf just stared at me. Now I could look at it more carefully. Its fur was white, its legs were dark, and its eyes were yellow. Its breath felt warm on my face. Before I could do or say anything the wolf turned and ran away. And I was alone again in the dark. There was nothing indicating a vision. I simply walked ahead to where the wolf had gone. As always, the longer I stayed the colder it got. Soon I would wake up. But something caught my eye. It wasn’t a vision, at least not like the ones I’ve seen before. But I saw Ezra, Sabine, Kanan, and Zeb walking in the darkness. There were wolves too. Similar to the one I had seen but a bit more. There were some other people too but I didn’t recognize them. Just when I recognized most of them they disappeared. Was this a vision too? It was so different from the others. In the vision I see the surroundings and hear the sounds, this was dark and was as silent as a whisper. I saw nothing else before I woke up.

Though I had woken up, I had no will nor energy to get up. The dream felt real again. The wolf felt real. Yet it all made me more confused. I saw them, the rebels. But where were they? There were wolves with them, guiding them. I simply stared at the roof of my bedroom. I didn’t feel like getting up but I wasn’t tired enough to sleep again. I heard the door open to my suite. I turned to my side and away from the door. I had no interest in talking with anyone right now, much less him.

The door to the bedroom opened with a hiss. I closed my eyes and tried at least to pretend to be asleep. The side of the bed dipped behind me. I didn’t need to see it to know who it was. Thrawn leaned closer and brushed my cheek with his hand barely touching. Then he leaned closer to whisper in my ear.

“I know you aren’t slumbering, so you can end the pretend.”

I pondered if I should keep the act on despite his words or give up and get up. So far, remaining in pretend sleep felt like a good idea.

“If you insist on keeping your act, I know a few optional methods to get you invigorated.” He whispered again when he saw no change. That got me up to sit on the bed. I didn’t want to find out what kind of “optional method” he was referring to. Now that he got me to stop pretending to sleep, I swear I saw a smirk on his face. I was still in my sleepwear so I pulled the cover over my chest, even if my outfit was decent, I still didn’t like him seeing me in my sleepwear. It made me feel powerless and completely under his grip.

“Why are you here?” I asked anger evident in my voice.

“I thought about informing you about the event that took place a few hours ago,” Thrawn said with his cool and calm demeanor.

“We both knew from the start that Hera would escape. There is no need to inform me about it.” I reminded him.

“I was referring to your other friends.” He specified.

I was about to say something but then I closed my mouth. For some reason, I had a feeling that others were alright. Though I’m not sure why. I should hear first what has happened.

“Rukh reported to me that they found the rebels but came too late to stop the ship from leaving with all the data of the TIE Defender program. They did however run the rest of the rebels to the mountains. That was until Governor Pryce ordered to fire down mountains.” Thrawn told me.