Chapter 5 Part 1

"What have I done?"

"Execute order 66."

"Ani, you're breaking my heart."

"You were the chosen one."

I woke up from my nightmare with the ringing sound of people screaming. But then I saw that I was in my room in Padme's apartment. I felt nagging pain in my shoulder but it didn't stop me from getting up. I don't know how long I was asleep but now it was nighttime at Coruscant. Slowly I took steps toward the mirror in the room. But as I looked at it, my nightmares resurfaced. My mouth was open, the sews were gone but what scared me more was the reflection in the mirror. At my feet laid down many corpses which some wore Jedi garments. And behind me was someone wearing black. I didn't see a face but I did see two hands coming toward a to capture me in their grip. Fear took me over. I screamed and took something from the nightstand and threw it at the mirror. The image shattered into tiny pieces but it remained in my head. There was probably nothing wrong with the mirror, the problem was in me. I fell to my knees just before the door opened and someone rushed in.

"Are you alright?" I heard Padme asking.

I felt two arms come around me. It startled me but once I saw it was indeed Padme, I couldn't help but cry.

"What happened?" I heard Anakin.

I glanced in his direction only to see his eyes in the broken mirror. I wanted to apologize for the mirror. But nothing came out of my mouth. The stitches were gone but even with opened mouth, there was no voice. I gave up the intent to talk and just began to cry harder as I hold tight to Padme's arm.

Days passed, and I was feeling even more horrible. Masters came to visit me to see how I was but they all said the same thing. I was taken by fear. Ahsoka came too and tried to make me feel a little better. She told me what had happened at the fair. Someone had hired bounty hunters to capture me. They planned to cause trouble at the fair and in chaos I was to be caught and taken to the one who hired them. No one was caught, so there was no knowledge of who was behind it all. But many concluded that it must have been Count Dooku. He must have heard from Grievous about a force-sensitive girl who was able to see ahead. But since no one was captured there was no evidence. The only thing to confirm some of the theory was that one of the bounty hunters was recognized as Cad Bane who has previously on multiple occasions worked for Separatists.

Regardless of who was behind it, I was more dreadful about how long I was unconscious. Three days, three days with only my visions was more than enough for me to lose it. I knew too much now.

"Have you eaten anything today?" Obi-Wan asked.

Today it was Obi-Wan and Anakin visiting. Obi-Wan stayed on the floor on his knees while Anakin stood at the doorway. I had placed myself in the corner of the room where I sat and held my knees to my chest. I shook my head to master Kenobi's question. I had lost my appetite from the moment I woke up, I now and then took a small bite of something when Padme asked. But not today.

"I heard that you broke a mirror when you woke up, would you tell us why?" Obi-Wan asked.

I looked at the wall where the mirror used to be. Not only that but I also covered the smaller mirrors at the table with whatever I got in the room. Though it was probably only in my head, the image was too vivid for me.

"Did you see something in the mirror?" Obi-Wan asked. I nodded this time.

"What did you see?"

I opened my mouth and closed it but I couldn't get anything out. The harder I tried more I felt like I was about to cry. Obi-Wan saw that and placed his hand on one of mine which held my knees to my chest.