Chapter 4, Grian

"Whoo, ok. Hey Grian!" Shouted a deep voice from the adjacent room, "I think that was the last vindicator, we should be clear now."

"Excellent Scar!" I replied, "I'm so glad we're done! Say, Mumbo? How many totems did you get?"

"Oh, I got twenty three! How about you guys?"

"I got eighteen," Scar responds, "And Grian got twenty, so I think we're good."

"Alright, time to loot this place!" I shout, and dash off in another direction.

"Hey! Wait for us!"

***************************************************

After I ran off, I began breaking down walls, trying to find hidden rooms and treasures. I hoped for some enchanting books, diamonds, and perhaps a few saddles.

I found a couple of secret rooms, one with double chests as far as the eye could see, and another with a cube of lava surrounded by glass, with obsidian on the top and bottom.

This room, I knew was valuable. I got out my bucket, and started scooping the lava. Once all the lava was cleared away, I could collect my prize. A block of diamond sat suspended in the center of where the lava used to be, and so I mined it up.

As I left the room, I saw something. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw someone break into the wall somewhere to my left. I rushed over to find that they had broken into another secret room, this one with green wool, TNT, and a couple chests.

I recognized this room too, it was the fake end portal room, and inside the chests should be ender pearls.

Except, there wasn't.

No ender pearls. Not one.

"Oh well, Scar or Mumbo probably took them."

The words were still hanging in the air when I heard a chittering sound. I looked around and saw an endermite. It rushed to attack me, but I swiftly slew it.

Someone just used one of those ender pearls.

***************************************************

After a while I met back up with the guys, and they were heading out. When I asked about the pearls they didn't know what I was talking about. Just like the closet.

Upon returning home, I emptied my inventory into my abhorrence of a storage system, and was surprised.

Many things were missing from my chests. Armor. Weapons. Diamonds. Redstone components. Something was going on, but I didn't know what.

Tomorrow I'd promised to help Scar with his base, but I would be on my guard.