Chapter 11, Scar

When I awoke I was met with total darkness. I couldn't see anything, and as I stepped off of my bed, the sound of my footsteps echoed around me.

I had barely stood up when I stopped. My breath was reflected back to me by the wall I stood in front of, and as I touched it I recognized it's smooth, glassy cold texture.

Obsidian.

I took a torch out of my inventory and placed it on the floor.

What I saw shocked me. The area around my bed was completely surrounded by obsidian, and I was blocked in on all sides.

I looked in my inventory. I'd forgotten to empty it last night, I was so tired, and I was glad. My diamond pickaxe sat in the slot I'd left it in.

I let out a sigh of relief, and slid to the floor, laughing.

A little rest must've raised his spirits if he's in a good enough mood for a prank.

When I'd finished laughing, I stood up and began mining the wall. It was taking longer than I thought.

After breaking the first block, I saw it wasn't just one layer.

It took me nearly an hour of mining just to break through. The wall wound up being eight blocks thick, and I was fairly certain some of my house had been mined up to have a cube this size here.

Upon escape, I found my suspicions to be correct, my wall demolished, the lovely aesthetic ruined by the giant block of obsidian walling in my bed.

I was practically horrified to see the damage done, as part of the wall of my room had been removed to fit the cube, but knowing Grian, he probably put the materials in a chest somewhere.

Shaking my head, I decided to go for a walk outside. Mabye, with a fresh, clear mind, I'd be able to find Mumbo.