Chapter 16, Scar

We began our search. We knew Grian was just here, surely he left something.

"Hey Mumbo, I'm gonna start down here. You go ahead and look outside, maybe he left a note or something."

"Y.. yes of course." He beamed with a smile beneath his moustache, before heading off towards the stairs.

I watched him as he went. Despite his apparent improved mood, his pace was still heavy and determined.

I went back to the trapdoor. It was where Mumbo last saw Grian, so it was probably a good place to start.

The bottom was still lit by the torches I'd placed, although now I looked more cautiously. The walls and ceiling showed nothing, but about halfway down the tunnel there seemed to be a dark stain on the floor. Of course it was blood.

Mumbo said he'd hit Grian, but now I wonder just how hard. How badly was Grian hurt?

The larger stain led off into a nearly invisible trail of droplets, heading out of the tunnel.

As I headed out my eyes were drawn to a nearby pillar, which also had a small puddle of blood at it's base.

"SCAR!!!"

Mumbo practically fell down the stairs racing towards me.

"Scar! I found a -"

"A trail of blood."

His mouth hung agape as I gestured down at the puddle.

"I um... Wasn't going to say that... But..." He stared at it for a second. Just... follow me."

He led me out of the base, and into the forest a bit. There was a pile of food, supplies, and a couple sets of armor just laying on the ground. Specks of blood were everywhere and continued leading off into the forest, somewhere to the southwest.

We gave each other an understanding glance. Grian's base. Either he went there himself or NPC Grian somehow took him there. We had to hurry.

We started running.