Chapter 2, Mumbo

"Here, here, and this last redstone here, did you get that Grian?" I ask, almost certain he hadn't been paying attention.

I hear his voice call from beside me, "Um, was I supposed to click this button?"

BUTTON!?

With a shocked look on my face, I begin frantically searching all the hoppers. I let out a sigh of relief when I see nothing happened.

Standing up, I turn my face to Grian. "Grian! What have I told you about touching my redstone?"

"'Your redstone'? This is MY cocoa bean farm!" He replies in irritation.

"But I built it! You know full well that pressing random buttons always ends up going badly!"

"N- not always!" Grian says, then begins to walk away, slightly chuckling.

After closely inspecting the button, I realize it's not even part of my redstone! It's on a part of the wall that's not connected to anything, and it's a birch button, why I haven't even seen a birch tree since we'd gone to fight the wither, and accidentally made a nether portal too far away from my base for it to link up. Oh, Grian. He'd put that button there just to prank me!

I'm gonna have to get him back for that, no matter how many years we've been friends, he still hasn't changed a bit.

***************************************************

The trap was set, and Grian would be coming back to use his bed soon, nobody had slept in days, and phantoms were surely going to be out.

I was headed back to my base in the tiaga when I heard someone fall off of a tree!

"Ow! Well, hello there Mumbo!"

"Scar! What were you doing in that tree?"

"Oh. I was spying on Grian." He responds, standing up and dusting off his dusty-brown shirt.

Picking up his hat, he turns to smile at me. The deep, pale scars on his face stretch a little as he sports his iconic, smirky grin.

"Wha- why were you spying on Grian?" I ask.

"Well, I was going to prank him, but it seems you got to him first."

"Got to who first?" Asked a voice above us. My eyes shot up to the tree above Scar's.

"Ah! Grian! What're you doing here?" I exclaimed in shock.

"Spying on Scar. Why?" Grian asked with his iconic, cheeky grin. "Trapping my base?"