Chapter 1

.

..

...

..

.
ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ
|The Descendants Arc|
.

..

...

..

.

She breathed heavily as her feet pounded against the hard concrete path. Trees and foliage loomed over her as she scampered down the path in a panic. Not far behind her in the night was a disfigured demon following after her. Blood dripped from its gaping mouths onto its arms that shimmered in the moonlight like blades.

It launched its arms like whips in her direction. She barely managed to dodge them. She thought she could spot her reflection in the arm that looked more like a red blade as it passed her face.

She stumbled from the sheer force of the movement, but quickly scampered back to her feet as she neared a house. It was a simple Japanese styled abode with curved roofs and sliding paper doors.

She threw the door open and slipped on the entry. The whistling sounds of the arms were not far behind her and she picked herself up in a hurry. She didn't have time to shut the door behind her as the demon burst through. He sent everything flying back, including the girl, who in a panic searched for any kind of weapon to defend herself.

Her eyes caught the glint of a katana that was only meant to be a display in her home. However, she knew very well that it was sharp enough.

She rushed over to her katana rack and grabbed onto one of the handles. The metallic arm collided with the blade as the girl breathed shakily.

Then with a swift switch of her footing she slashed at the demon with the blade with such strength it went flying into another paper sliding door. The girl was shaking as she held the katana firmly in her hands.

Twisted smiles curled on the demons gaping mouths as it chuckled. It was like a looming tower when he stood up. Its body was grotesque and ghoulish, like the dead. What was worse to the girl was that her slash didn't make a dent on the demon. She breathed heavily while standing defensively in fear.

The demon breathed in the moment in delight, "You're entertaining! Such a strong thing you've trained to be! I can't believe she hid you from me! We were becoming great acquaintances too!"

The girl, breathing heavily, was startled by the demon now talking. Her hands were shaking slightly as she tried to control her breath.

"𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖇𝖆𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍, 𝖘𝖔 𝖘𝖆𝖉~ 𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖆 𝕹𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖓 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖊.." he huffed, as his blackened nails curled towards his chin in thought, humming in delight.

"𝕺𝖍 𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑, 𝖘𝖍𝖊'𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙, 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖉𝖔 𝖙𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚!~"

Without a second hesitation, the demon lunged at the barely 16 year old girl as she dodged, jumping out of the way. Then she tried to counter its attack by stabbing the demon in the side, but the katana broke upon contact.