Chapter 6

[ WARNING THERE IS SWEARING AND CURSING ]

...

..

.

..

.

|The Descendants Arc|

"AH HELP ME!" a girl with curly golden-brown hair was running in fear as a smaller girl was chasing her with a dagger. "I SWEAR TO F*CKING GOD I WILL MURDER YOUR ASS."

"WHY?!"

"YOU FLIRTED WITH MY SISTER, WHY ELSE?!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I WAS JUST TALKING TO HER ABOUT WHAT SHE WAS DOING LATER!! HOW IS THAT WORTH KILLING ME FOR?!"

"Ok children let's stop with the fighting now alright?" A kind looking man said, hanging clothes up on a line and grabbing the knife swiftly from the girl's hand.

"What the f*ck, I almost had her."

The man chuckled, "I think you got the point across Yumie, and you're scaring your sister."

The girl Yumie huffed, crossing her arms. "Don't flirt with Renai,"

"I didn't even flirt!"

"Ok, ok, ok, let's get off this subject before Nariko gets another scar." A kind but stern woman said, walking in and taking the knife from the man. Nariko was gasping for air at this point, her body shaking from the running and the fear.

Then a girl with chestnut brown hair and pink highlights stopped next to her. "Are you okay, Nariko?"

Nariko desperately wanted to say 'what do you think? I was chased with a knife, I'm not ok.' However, taking a breath, Nariko nodded, "yeah just out of breath, my heart rate is always slow to decrease."

"Nariko, you should be getting home soon, there's a bad storm coming-"

- ༓ -

Nariko woke up with a start, her face drenched with sweat, there was rain pattering against her window and a distant sound of thunder. She sat up rubbing her eyes, as she put on some slippers. She then went outside for some fresh air, in the rain.

'That was such a distant memory'

Nariko grabbed her haori which ombre'd from a sunset orange to a brilliant yellow. It had an intricate triangle pattern on the sleeves and the edge of the haori, then she grabbed an umbrella walking out onto the open field as the rain tapped against her umbrella. The storm seemed to unlock those memories.

She remembered walking home when it suddenly began to rain. Renai and Yumie's family were her neighbors, the only ones within a 10 minute walk. The rest were farther out on the fields of the marshland. There wasn't much wealth where they were, so other cities were farther along than they were.

She could remember her feet sticking to the muddy path while trying to get back home. The bright flashes to her left and the rumbles that followed were enough to cause her to freeze in her tracks. Its blast roared like a lion as she stood in shock. She didn't even have time to count the sound difference.

The sky rumbled angrily, and then suddenly there was a flash. Nariko remembered lying on the ground, her body steaming, and her hair a mess burning at the tips. She still finds it surprising that she would be alive after all that.