Chapter 39

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

During the mayhem Akira cut the ropes holding Ayame when he reached her, freeing her...again.

"Are you alright?" Akira asked quite hastily as they all ducked underneath a black feather that swept towards them. She nodded still not quite processing what was happening as she knew someone was fighting Zen in a blur.

"She moves so fast..." Ayame murmured, and before Akira could start re-wrapping her arms Yushiro shouted over to the insect descendant.

"Oi give me a hand here, Akira." he shouted as he dodged a vine.

Akira sighed and tossed the bandages over to Cho who immediately began taking care of the new cuts on Ayame's arms. He dashed towards the Upper Moon 5 as Yushiro quickly noticed him. He was quick to stick a talisman to the Insect breather's head making him nearly invisible to the Kizuki.

Akira had no idea what it did, but it made attacking the Upper Moon a whole lot easier. He dashed in to attack unsheathing his ancestor's blade.

"Insect Breathing

.

Butterfly Dance: Caprice"

He flew into the demon and made several consecutive slashes within the demon's back. Then dodged a vine jumping away quickly.

The Uppermoon gagged from the poison Akira had just injected into the demon's system and it allowed for a perfect opportunity for Yushiro to land a much deserved kick to the face.

The Upper Moon 5 flew into the wall weakened from the attack and Yushiro did not hesitate. With a quick stroke with one of Ayame's fans, the Upper Moon 5's head bounced against the wood floor and rolled to a stop.

"Such a weakling," he grumbled and tossed the fan back to Ayame who caught it weakly. She opened the fan as the four stood for a second taking a quick break.

"Now you decide to come back, beautiful timing," she spoke bitterly, eyeing Yushiro, who scoffed.

"Let's save the attitude for later, we're still not out of this yet," he replied, noticing more demons were beginning to flood in from around the building.

'Well this will be interesting,'

Akira rolled his blade in his hand, glancing at the demons beginning to swarm towards them.

It didn't take Etsumi long to realize that Ayame was freed, and her objective changed as she no doubt knew that Zen must've noticed as well. She kept Zen from getting anywhere close to where Ayame was as she shouted.

"Yushiro get her out of here!-"

She barely blocked two attacks against her as she hacked out blood.

"Yeah we're working on it!" Akira replied with a shout, as he dashed towards a demon. His blade sank into its chest as it began to convulse with purple veins growing on its skin.

Etsumi didn't have time to help the four of them escape as Zen took all of her attention. Blood began to seep through her haori from previous unblocked attacks as she deflected the rest of his attacks that attempted to find an opening to Ayame.

Yushiro scanned the water descendant with concern as he prepared to join in the battle to take on the messenger.

"Etsumi you're in no shape to fight right now!" he shouted to her as she managed to block and counter Zen's attacks.