Chapter 5

|The Descendants Arc|

'Wake up. Pick up your blade'

Etsumi gasped as she was awoken by a male voice in her head, it was similar to the one she had heard before. It was in the middle of the night and it sounded as if it was drizzling. Except it didn't smell of it.

She lifted the covers off of her body figuring that she was just hungry, as she had missed dinner by how far the moon had traversed the sky. She sighed, figuring that she could just get a cup of water.

She walked over to the kitchen after putting on a pair of slippers, ignoring the wavering shadows around her that were inching up the walls like flames.

She searched through some cabinets until she found a cup, and poured herself a glass of water. Until her eyes spotted a figure at the corner of her eye. What she thought was a figure, as once she turned her head it was gone. She stared at where it was for a while before shrugging it off uneasily, finishing off her cup of water.

Then once she set the glass down, the lights flickered. The hairs on her neck raised as red flashing alarms seemed to go off in her head that she was in danger. She reached for the glass again as the light bulb above her burst, the shadows swallowing her whole. She breathed shakily, until she felt thin black ribbons entangle her arms and legs constricting them in; keeping her from moving. While one creeped up and covered her mouth.

She fought against it, horrified and shocked all at once.

"So you're the last living descendant of the Tomioka family, not even that puppet could kill."

A voice echoed in her ears that made her shiver. He suddenly appeared in front of her, squatted on a counter, looking at her with his head tilted slightly. He observed her, and couldn't hold back a smirk.

"Here I thought you'd be a challenge~ Clearly I was wrong. You couldn't sense that you were in danger. What a waste of blood." he commented, his golden eyes piercing straight through her. Except in its eyes she noticed little hashes of kanji that were crossed out from them.

"Well since you'll be the first family to be completely vanquished, I'll let you have some final words. Since you've been so compliant." His nails grazed Etsumi's face, causing her to flinch.

She had no idea what she could do, if she called for help she'd be as good as dead, she had nothing and was caught completely by surprise. The only thing she could do was not speak a word and comply with her death sentence that he was giving her.

So with one brave effort she glared at the demon her lips sealed shut as the demon scoffed.

"Not wanting to say anything, I see, that's ok too then–"

"Etsumi. don't. move."

It was the elderly lady's voice, and she was correct in not moving as 5 thin blades launched themselves at the binds keeping her from moving.

She collapsed on the ground, as a 6th nearly landed square in the head of the demon. Except as the blade flew threw the air towards him. His hand swiftly caught the blade, as a purple liquid dripped from it.

"Of course, the Kochos." he hummed as he swiftly disappeared, "I was going to enjoy killing you all one by one, but I guess I could make this a little challenge." he remarked as the walls exploded with dark shadow like blades and threads, ripping through the plaster and wood of the house.