Chapter  30

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

Etsumi followed the scent to a corner of the attic where she found stains of blood splattered against the wall. They weren't too old, but not new either, it looked to be about 3 or 4 days.

'What happened here-'

    She lightly touched the wood stain, looking for any trace of something, a lead preferably. She drew her attention away from the blood stain and looked through the surrounding rummaged stuff for anything that wasn't destroyed or had answers.

Then she stumbled upon a box hidden in the corner of the attic, shimmering slightly in the light from the skylight window.

    She pulled the small box out of the corner dodging more debri on the floor as she pulled the box out; it was coated in dust. She calmly brushed it off revealing a regular wooden box.

    She opened it cautiously, fearing it was old and frail enough to crumple into dust. Once she opened the latch she found a small leather like pouch and a note and a notebook with it.

It was leatherbound and the paper looked as old as her ancestors' diary. She carefully took out the note first that looked relatively new. The paper was covered in dust, and was slightly tinted beige, but still had generally untouched whites of the paper.

Etsumi carefully unfolded the note, finding scribbled handwriting, as if it was in a hurry. 

.

.

'𝒯𝑜 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓈 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈, 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝒦𝑜𝒸𝒽𝑜 𝒞𝒽𝑜.

𝒟𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎'𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓁𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝓍 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹.

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑜𝓍 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓉𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒦𝒶𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑜 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝓁𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝐼 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀. 𝐼𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉. 𝐼 𝓅𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝒸𝓀𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓈𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓉𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶 𝒾𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓈 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒶𝓈 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜.

𝐼𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈,

.

𝓰𝓸𝓭𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓹 𝓾𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵.'

.

Etsumi didn't realize that she was holding her breath, as she looked to the box sitting in her lap. She carefully processed the note as she held it in her hands. It had nothing about Ayame on it, but it gave her somewhat of a lead.