Chapter  22

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

Ayame sliced her bladed fan through a part of the neck of the demon. However, she was not able to cut all the way through as they continued their cat and mouse chase. Flaming arrows whizzed past her attacking black blades of feathers flying through the air.

'This damn demon won't die.'

Himari grimaced as she was sliced by a blade skimming her arm releasing another flaming arrow.

Kasumi defended Hinote giving Ayame and Ruri time to recuperate as Himari gave back up cover.

Ayame coughed as she twirled over another wing and blade that had nearly wrapped itself around her. Her ribs were definitely broken, it was getting harder and more painful for her to breath and move as she dodged the fast attacks from the demon.

"Tamayo-San fall back!" Himari shouted to her as more arrows flew off her bow.

Ayame looked at her nodding as she tried her best to get away from the demon. It was no use as he blocked every attempt, for the time being both of them were at a tie.

She deflected and attacked but it was no use as they both countered each other's moves.

"I can't!" Ayame shouted back, "there's no opening."

'He's wasting my stamina while preserving his..

.

He's not dumb, he knows going all out would kill us all,

.

and leave me intact...

.

So why...'

"I can make one," Ruri shouted dodging a black feathered blade as it crashed into the dirt and bounced back into the air. Once she landed she grabbed her axe that had been previously lodged in a tree.

She ripped it out, her moonlit axes glistening at their points. They seamlessly deflected another two blades, nearly shattering them.

Her blue tipped hair flew back with the last gust of wind that had suddenly stilled impatiently. Her breath sounded ragged and like a bull breathing out steam as it prepared to ram its horns into the red cape. She closed her emerald eyes, her muscles beginning to show more as they clenched.

She stomped her foot on the ground, little vibrations reverberating through it as she focused. She stopped and held her axes in her hands twirling them around her body as if she had turned into a beyblade.

"Beast Breathing

.

Fourth Fang

.

Slice n' Dice"

Her axe flew through the appendages and blades that came near her as she approached Ayame. Her blades shimmered an iridescent light blue, as they cut through everything in their path like a rabid animal.

She launched herself towards Ayame, grabbing her hand, about to pull her back towards her. She was nearly successful, as Ayame noticed the gleam in the demon's eye as a flying black blade changed its direction towards...

Himari nor Kasumi had time to deflect it. Ruri remained clueless as Ayame made a drastic decision, pushing her out of the way.

The blade rushed past her and pierced straight through Ayame instead.