Chapter 41

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

"Etsumi, why do you have to be so heavy?" Nariko complained while Renai remained silent as she too struggled to carry Etsumi who was beginning to lose consciousness.

She began to cough uncontrollably again on the walk back as Nariko and Renai set her down. She began to cough her lungs out.

Nariko didn't know what else to do but pat her back as she coughed up blood.

"Mom? You need some milk?" she joked, not noticing the former's lids struggling to stay open. Then suddenly she collapsed.

"ETSUMI!" Both Nariko and Renai shouted as they both tried to heave her up.

At the sound of Nariko and Renai's panic, Yushiro, Akira, and Ayame both turned around with Sanjiro in the front running back, as Yushiro and Akira stayed with Ayame.

He checked her pulse and he sighed, "she's ok" he stated and all of them sighed in relief.

Renai and Nariko tried to get her up but almost dropped her on a rock, they thankfully softened her fall.

Sanjiro then stepped in picking her up easily, which Nariko gaped at. "We should get going, Tomioka-san and Tamayo-san need medical attention." He stated, as he ran back to the front with Nariko and Renai following.

'How tf is he still fast while carrying a limp person'

Nariko questioned as she ran back towards the headquarters.

Once they got there, the Master was there to greet them, but not for very long due to the critical conditions of both Ayame and Etsumi.

"Move old man, I've got work to do." Cho hurriedly stated to Toshiro who immediately got to work.

By afternoon, every wound was sealed, as Ayame was now covered in bandages. It was excruciatingly painful after her adrenaline ran out and she had to feel every single itch and irritation surrounding her multiple cuts.

She also lost a significant amount of blood that required that she have more fluids, which meant she had to get stabbed by a needle so that the medical drip could give her enough water to help replenish her lost blood supply.

Etsumi was next to her with an oxygen mask and tubes through her nose after all the blood had clotted in her lungs and any excess blood was sucked out. Ayame had overheard what had happened when she was away, and wasn't very surprised that she hated the infirmary, but she did need to learn to focus on her health.

Etsumi was out like a rock too, and forced to breath purified oxygen for a while and Ayame also noticed that she was also in dire need of a haircut, as half of it was in a bob while the other half was as long as it used to be.

'I still can't quite believe she sacrificed her weave, although it's not really as iconic as Nariko's so I guess it makes sense...'

Ayame leaned back against her pillow, itching to scratch her cuts due to the amount of irritation from the scabbing. However, she held herself back, even though it was beginning to become quite a nuisance.