Chapter 37

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

"Find anything Eto?" Sanjiro asked, his gaze towards the sky as a large raven swooped down to his arm. Her feathers shimmered in the rays of sunlight that streamed through the trees as he walked toward the Kocho Residence at a hasty pace.

The raven shook its head, "nothing,"

Sanjiro sighed, "Keep circling, neither Akira nor Etsumi are that stupid to hide their tracks when they've made it this far." he instructed the raven who bowed her head deeply.

"Of course."

The raven then spread its black feathers before it launched itself into the sky creating a small blast of wind that sent the little strands of Sanjiro's maroon red hair back. His signature japanese red sun earring followed the wind's current picked up.

"Please be alright," he murmured. He looked in the direction of the Kocho Residence, silently praying to catch up with Etsumi and Yushiro. That was until he heard a snapping of a branch.

"Eep!" there was a squeal that was almost immediately silenced.

"Are you stupid! He almost heard us-"

"I heard that too." Sanjiro smiled awkwardly at the two he spotted, one with thick curly brown and gold highlighted hair while the other had straight brown hair and a few hot pink highlights that peeked from her brown hair. No doubt they were Nariko and Renai.

"Ah! Kamado-san! Uhm we were just about to go on a mission! Yeah..." Nariko smiled, while Renai nodded.

"Yeah we're going to save mom and Ay-"

Nariko clasped her hand over Renai's mouth before she could say anything else that would give them away as stalkers. However, Sanjiro was not stupid and there was already enough to prove their guilt of following him.

"I see, where's your crow? Kaito was his name right?" he asked and Nariko smiled guiltily while Renai nodded. "Yeah! He's sick right now though, I've been taking care of him..." she informed happily, as a silence began to ensue, and then Renai realized that she had given both Nariko and herself away and covered her mouth.

"Hehe whoops sorry Nariko," she apologized, giving Nariko a blush. Nariko looked as if she was going to turn into a puddle of embarrassment from getting caught.

Sanjiro nodded, before turning back to the path.

"Go back to headquarters, and you won't have to do access training for breaking the corp mandates-"

"But we want to save Ayame!" Nariko protested, shocking the sun breathers, and Renai nodded, "Yeah! We can't let mom face her captor alone!"

"No, I appreciate your willingness to help, but I'm not going to put more people in danger-"

He was interrupted by Renai, "we signed up for this job Kamado-san, and this is our mom and sister, we want to help."

Nariko nodded half-heartedly, "we can fight, and have had more time to heal than mom has."

Both Nariko and Renai put on quite a show as both of them had pressed their heads to the floor. Nariko's hand slightly trembled, "Please let us come with you!"

Sanjiro was left stunned, and looking at the two of them so determined to help even after he had refused simply made him sigh. They would've found a way to come anyway.

Knowing this he caved, "Alright, we have a long journey ahead of us. Try and keep up!"

•⊰ ❊ ⊱• - •⊰ ꕥ ⊱• - •⊰ ❊ ⊱•