Chapter  29

| Blood Flower Arc |

She could hear the voices as she was confused. The stench of blood was overwhelming her senses as her vision flashed again.

She was back with Etsumi as she held the file in her hands, Ayame reading the book as it wasn't as foggy anymore. She could make out some letters and numbers as they continuously switched around on the page.

.

.

"𝔊𝔬𝔬𝔡, 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔬 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔗𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔶𝔬-𝔰𝔞𝔫"

.

.

"ĐØ' ł₴₮Ɇ₦ Ø ł! ₣ł₲Ⱨ₮ ฿₳₵₭
Ø ⱤɆ₳Đł-"

.

.

Etsumi closed the file again, then asked for the notebook in haste. Ayame, stunned as this had just happened, hesitated holding the old book in her hands.

Etsumi looked at her curiously, "What's wrong?"

Ayame didn't know what was happening and didn't trust anyone around her now as she held the book close to her.

"Why are you so interested in this, just tell me." Ayame looked into Etsumi's ocean colored orbs, which almost looked saddened.

Her expression fell into disappointment as she sighed.

"I can't tell you until I'm sure."

Her face was so genuine that Ayame handed the book to her, before she could open it, however, they were interrupted by commotion outside.

"CAW! CAW! CAW! DEMON OUTSIDE THE DEMONSLAYER CORP! CAW!"

•⊰ ۩ ⊱• - •⊰ 滅 ⊱• - •⊰ ۩ ⊱•

"We finally made it," Etsumi panted, taking a long breath of fresh air at the end of the town.

The scent of wisteria strongly filled her nose, leaving her with a good sign. They figured out that Cho-san was alright after they had arrived at the corp and the Master had dealt with the situation personally.

'Meaning that Cho-san is still here.'

Calmly, Etsumi walked up to the door. It was eerily quiet as the aroma of wisteria, and butterfly tea filled her senses. Her fist lightly touched the door, as it creaked, opening on its own. A breeze flew past her, the cold and unwelcoming aura sending chills down her spine— despite the warm rays of the late afternoon that were slowly being covered by the tumultuous sky.