Chapter 8

[ WARNING DARK IMAGERY AND VIOLENCE + PROFOUND LANGUAGE ]

.

..

...

..

.

|The Descendants Arc|

After the incident with the boy, Nariko found out the boy was Soma. She decided to hang around him since she had to prove that she wasn't addicted to sugar or diet coke. She began to question why he was here and why females — actually everyone — were fawning over him.

"You don't know?" he asked, intrigued.

"Know what?" Nariko questioned, already knowing there was a demon threat here.

"You're not from around here then, alright, there's been a massive amount of mysterious deaths, specifically around the dating houses."

Nariko took this information in, as she sat in thought.

Mysterious deaths, could it possibly be the demon threat we got from the talking crow?

"Do you know what their supposed causes of deaths were?" she asked.

The boy seemed hesitant to answer that question.

"I may sound crazy, but creatures seem to be lurking around the dating houses, eating civilians daring to get close to them."

Nariko nodded, noting that he was after the same thing as Yumie, Renai, and herself were after.

"Don't let this scare you, by all means, you can still travel here during the day. I just suggest staying indoors at night."

"Oh, don't worry about that. Actually, this is the reason I'm here." Nariko reassured.

"Hm, in that case. Maybe we can help each other."

"Yeah."

"I've been here for a couple days, patrolling the area. Only problem is that they keep coming back from the dating houses and I can't get in without getting noticed, or alerting the creatures so I haven't been able to stop them completely." He sighed, scratching his neck.

"If I could get in–"

He paused, a lightbulb clicking in his head as he turned to Nariko. She looked at him in confusion, then realized.

"HELL NO!"

"What? I didn't even say anything?"

"No, nope, no, nope, no way."

"What?!"

"I'm not going to infiltrate a dating house." Nariko stated, crossing her arms.

"Huh, never thought of that. You infiltrating might be a good idea actually"

"Well no shit!! I thought of it. Wait.. hell no! "

"I'll buy you the diet coke after.~"

...

"Deal."

•⊰ ✾ ⊱• - •⊰ ❀ ⊱• - •⊰ ✾ ⊱•

Nariko reluctantly got all dressed up in a faded navy kimono with water lilies embroidered on it, and put mild makeup on. Her face was plastered with anger as she walked up to the doors with Soma. She entered the house with decorative doors and pristine architecture.