Chapter  27

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

Later in the day around noon, Ayame was sipping her soba as it was lunch time for the demonslayers. Etsumi hadn't returned, and everything was already going to chaos with the group as Ayame tried to peacefully eat her soba.

However, a peaceful meal was something that wasn't going to happen... as Soma and Nariko were screaming at eachother.

"WHY DID YOU THROW AN ORANGE AT MY STOMACH?!"

"YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT AN ORANGE WHEN YOU'VE THROWN 10 GRAPES AT ME? I think that's even."

"I DIDN'T THROW THE GRAPES AT YOU'RE GUT! WHEN ETSUMI GETS BACK YOU'RE GOING TO GET AN EARFUL!"

"Boohoo I'm sooo scared."

Ayame nearly spit out her soba, as half of the table looked at the sound descendant, Soma, in disbelief. Quickly Akira, Renai, and Yumie started making bets on who was going to win the fight— even Kasumi chipped in.

Ayame looked at her food to find that it had remnants of flying debri from Nariko and Soma's fight. She sighed in disappointment.

'So much for my soba'

Kasumi started surprisingly as she placed her bet. "No doubt, Etsumi's going to win."

"Eh, I mean she's going to be coming back from a fight so I'm gonna say it's a tie." Akira suggested.

"Nah, it's gonna be Etsumi, she's way higher than the rich b*tch in rank, what was it again? Tushinoe?" Yumie proclaimed, placing her bets for Etsumi.

Ayame decided that if she couldn't stop the chaos she would join it as she also placed her bets against Soma, believing that Etsumi would win as well. Most of the table except for Akira, Sekai and Hinote, who voted in a tie, all believed Etsumi would win from what Ayame observed. 

She noticed though that Soma didn't really take that well as he was stunned by this and protested, "I'm stronger than Etsumi! We're pretty even, but I'm sure I'm stronger."

"Heh, hate to break it to you bud, but she's getting close to being stronger than me, and the last time we spared I easily kicked your ass." Kasumi pointed out.

"You were barely able to beat me. What are you talking about~" he sneered, hints of irony in his voice.

'Oh boy, they're actually being serious.'

"I wouldn't underestimate Etsumi, she's pretty strong and adaptive." Sanjiro added, "I would be weary."

Soma grumbled at his response, while Sora threw a grape at him.

"Guys-" Ayame tried to stop the chaos before it completely ensued. Until she noticed Nariko's sparkling eyes at the new chaos brewing.

'Great'

Nariko didn't stop or pause to think about her actions as she decided to throw a grape at Renai, to which she turned around confused. Seeing Nariko's cheeky smile, Renai picked up the fallen fruit and flicked it at her, narrowly missing Ayame as a vein formed on her forehead.

'I swear, if Etsumi doesn't get back soon it's going to be the end of the demon slayers..

Demise via food.'