Chapter  33

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

"Akira is gone," it was Sora's voice that rang, on the morning of the 5th day of Ayame's capture and the 3rd day of Etsumi's house arrest.

All of the descendants crowded around Akira's empty room, Etsumi with her IV bag next to her standing next to Sora, a crumpled letter in her hand.

"He went back," Etsumi mumbled, while Sanjiro made it to the front where he saw Akira's empty room. A cold look passed over his face, "Is he in the archives?" he asked, while Himari shook her head, "I was in there all morning organizing, he wasn't there."

A hard look crossed his face, as he glanced at Etsumi she didn't make eye contact with him as Renai spoke, holding Etsumi's arm.

"Did he go to save Tamayo-san by himself?" she asked, and the room fell silent, Etsumi nodded.

"It's what it looks like."

Himari grumbled, "I swear first Tomioka now Kocho, one of our medical experts." she clicked her tongue shaking her head as she turned and left.

"This isn't good," Nariko mumbled, standing on the other side of Etsumi.

"You think? The butterfly dude could be captured with Tamayo-san right about now, didn't that weird ass upper moon talk about that?" Yumie pointed out in annoyance.

The room became deathly quiet after that as a dense cloud of dark thoughts surrounded them.

"Should someone go after them?" a voice ignited the cloud and broke the silence.

It was Ruri as she was crossing her arms hanging near the back by Sekai and Hinote. Her emerald eyes glowed with an intimidating aura but most of all anger. She radiated it.

Etsumi, hopeful, turned to Sanjiro waiting for his answer, as he appeared to be deep in thought.

Until he straightened up, and faced everyone.

"I'll talk to the master about a search party, Shinazugawa-san, Iguros." he addressed the three of them, Sora, Renai, and Yumie, as he continued, "prepare, if the master agrees, you'll be the ones accompanying me on the search party." he directed and they both nodded as Etsumi felt her heart drop.

Renai squeezed her hand as she waved to Etsumi going off to her room to prepare.

Etsumi turned away walking towards the exit of the butterfly mansion. Until she found a koi pond with rocks and small thinned pebbles lined around it. She stood watching the fish flap their golden fins beautifully in the clear cerulean water. Some with golden spots glistened in the sunlight shimmering with golden hues and refracting rainbows of light that shimmered on their white scales.

Etsumi lightly gripped her IV bag holder that rolled with her. She never felt more trapped and useless, the comfortable sweater and loose sweatpants adding to her mental prison.

She stared at the pond of koi recalling times where Renai, Yumie, Soma, Ayame and Nariko would sit here scheming or chatting lively. Most of those times it would be making a mess out of food. The koi enjoyed that part the most though.

Etsumi was about to walk to the arena to observe Ruri's training, until she sensed something off.

'Soma if you're going to comment about the tubes sticking out of my nose, again. I'm going to kick you into the nearest soccer goal'

However, she somehow knew in her gut it wasn't him. It was someone else and she had a suspicion. "What do you want?" she inquired coldly.

Then appearing a little ways away was Yushiro with a file, reading through it. "Answers."