  

.

| Blood Flower Arc |

.

"I can't sit here forever, respectfully, Kamado." Etsumi's gaze was frigid, as she stared at the sun descendant who was leaning against the wall. He held the box that she had come back with carefully studying it while he babysat the water descendant.

"It's under the master's jurisdiction, and unless you have a death wish, which I'm beginning to think you have, you have to rest." Sanjiro answered, studying the note not minding her cold glare. Etsumi scoffed internally, as she coughed lightly. "We could've handled it and we would've had the element of surprise-"

"Or we would be captured alongside Tamayo-san." Sanjiro spoke sternly, finishing the note he was reading from Cho Kocho, then looking up at her. "I know you're smart enough to know that, Tomioka-san. What would Ayame do if she found out you were injured because of her?"

Sanjiro's voice softened and sounded more empathetic than anything as he glanced at Etsumi who stared blankly at him. Except he could find the smallest hint of hesitation in her eyes as he continued softly.

"She wouldn't be able to live with that if you got killed."

Etsumi didn't make an attempt to retort, instead she turned her head away from the sun descendant, laying her head back onto the pillow. Probably debating how she could escape and how she could save Ayame, bring her back to HQ so she could lift the spirits of the descendants that were devastated by her capture. Along with her own.

Except she knew Sanjiro would pose a problem, he wouldn't let her leave so easily. Also she is seriously outmatched in the state she is in, and deep down she knew he had a point. Beneath all of her guilt and hurt, he was right, and she knew it. She couldn't stand it either, doing nothing that is.

Sanjiro cleared his throat and flipped the note back over to read Cho's handwriting once again. "You're lucky you found this though," he commented as he sat down beside Etsumi's cot, using it to rest his elbows as he read the note in his head again.

"There's something that the turned demon-slayer wrote-" He hummed then froze. his eyebrows scrunching together. Etsumi, noticing that he cut himself off, sat up. She adjusted herself to where she was also looking over the note, intrigued as to why he paused.

"What?" she asked, her navy hair falling like drapes over the note as she too read the note trying to understand why Sanjiro had hesitated or what puzzled the sun descendant.

"Cure, that's what the demon wrote." he mumbled, his hand over his mouth even more conflicted and confused than he was before.

"Cure? What are you talking about?" Etsumi asked curiously, reading the note trying to understand what he was talking about.

"Agatsuma-san and Iguro-san communicated with the turned demon-slayer and she wrote 'cure' amongst other things."

A puzzled expression painted her cold features, as she leaned back against her cot crossing her arms.

"What kind of cure?" she hummed in thought, "Cure for being a demon?" she mused, as she scoffed. "Like they would want to end their crusade so abruptly-" she responded sarcastically, Sanjiro would've chuckled at that except they couldn't figure out what cure meant or what cure the demons were looking for.

They were already powerful and were basically impossible to defeat without a nichirin blade cutting their head off, wisteria and. . .

Then it dawned on him.