XXV

The bar is crowded tonight, so crowded that it's a bit of a struggle to walk to the bar and order beers. But the bartender knows him, of course, so he doesn't have to wait long. Matt, he thinks his name is. Matt flashes him a big grin as he hands him a large jug of beer and several glasses. He smiles back and pushes his way through the crowds to the high table in the corner, where the guys are waiting for their beer.
"Here you go." he shouts as he puts it down in the middle of the table. He pours the first glass for himself and finds himself downing it in one big tug, then refilling the glass. Maybe he's going too fast, but he needs the courage tonight, he needs to find a way to have a good time on his own, with Jack and the rest of them.
Because that's what's waiting for him, right? The alcohol will help him forget what he had. He finishes his second glass and is just sipping the third when he sees him come in and his heart stops.

Oh, he's so beautiful, so elegant. He's wearing that white button down shirt he likes today, the one that shows just the right amount of his shape. He closes his eyes and tries not to picture those buttons open, the shirt rucked up as he touches his dick tenderly.
"Hey!" he calls lithely when Eddy makes eye contact. Eddy's hand is in Jill's, but he's smiling at him at least. 
"Hi."
"Nice dinner?"
"Yeah. All good here?"
"Yeah."

Eddy drinks beer, pretty much as quickly as he has. Is he also trying to be brave? Brave, so that he can lose his virginity tonight? Jill certainly seems game, she's flitting around him, making gooey eyes at him, behaving like the rest of the world doesn't exist.
And he likes Jill, he really does. She's nice, and usually she's sarcastic as fuck. She can play well, too. It's just this jealousy that consumes him, that makes him want to pick up the jug of beer and tip it over her.
See if she still makes gooey eyes then.
He takes a deep breath and turns to their friends as Eddy pulls Jill onto the dance floor.
"So, you happy you came yet?" Jack yells in his ear, and he grins at him again.
"Of course, why not?"
Jack shrugs.
"I dunno. You've just seemed off, today."
Fuck. If Jack has seen that... shit, has everyone seen? He tries to hide the shock and laughs it off.
"Nah, I'm fine. Just didn't sleep enough."
Jack nods and leaves it alone.
Brett knows he shouldn't look, oh, he knows that very well, but something in him keeps pulling his eyes to the left, to where Eddy dances with Jill. Her hands are on his shoulders, and his are on her back, just above her bum. And he knows it's coming, but it still hits him when they kiss. Oh, Eddy must be good at that, he looks like he is. Their tongues girate slowly, hotly. Brett looks away quickly as his dick swells up. This is definitely not the place nor the time to get hard. One more glance, and Jill's hand is on the front of Eddy's jeans, where he was allowed to touch him just yesterday.
No more though.
Eddy's hand moves up over her silk blouse and cups her tit, wiggles his fingers slowly. She seems to pant softly and says something in his ear. Brett stands rooted to the dirty floor, helplessly lost as he watches their backs, as they walk out of the bar, hand in hand, clearly to go fuck somewhere.
And Eddy never looks back once.

He blinks hard to stop the tears and moves back to his friends. And he drinks. Drinking is the one thing he can do now to stop the pain that's wrenching in his gut. He knows he's going too far, somewhere deep down, he knows he's going to feel this tomorrow. But one more beer and that care is gone, too.
Eddy's probably getting laid by now, his first time. He'll hear the stories tomorrow and he'll have to be excited for him. He tugs on another beer and tries to forget everything about everything.