十一 - 11

"What exactly did he say?" I inquired, pressing him further on the matter

"The whole thing?" Thoma gulped.

"Yes, as much as you can remember."

"Well..."

Thoma walked into Ayato's office.

"Master, Miss (Y/n) has awoken!" he exclaimed.

"Alright," Ayato closed the book he was reading and stared at the boy, "and?"

"Well, she'd like to see you," Thoma started, "she's in the same room-"

"I don't want to see her," Ayato cut in, "I don't care if she wants to see me. I'm very busy right now."

He obviously wasn't busy but Thoma knew better than to point that out to him.

"Is there a reason why, if I may ask?"

"Not in particular, I don't see why I'm obligated to visit someone who is simply a guest at the estate." His voice was utterly cold and indifferent, causing Thoma to feel an ache of pity for them both.

"Is there nothing else that you have to say?" Ayato inquired.

Thoma shook his head.

"You are excused, Thoma. Go and keep her company and guard her room as you did before. Don't barge into my office unless there is an urgent matter."

When Thoma closed the door, he saw Ayato slowly rest his forehead on his desk, a sight of such pure misery that he knew it was worthless to try and console him.

"He treated you that rudely?" I exclaimed.

Thoma furrowed his eyebrows. "Why is that the first thing that you were worried about?"
"I don't really care if he wants to see me or not," I lied, "he was honestly just serving me for a small amount of time, and I was aware of that. It's alright, so don't worry about it or stress yourself out, Thoma."

If I was honest with him and let him know that I was upset, it would only become another burden on his shoulders, which was honestly the last thing he needed right now. Thoma was obviously slightly stressed, probably due to the fact that Ayato had given Ayaka all of his duties for the time being.

If he didn't want to see me, I wonder if that meant he was planning on picking them back up- that was probably for the best. Ayaka must be overwhelmed dealing with both his and her work.

What a relief, honestly.

"Is it alright if I go to talk to him, then?" I asked.

"But you just said- ah, nevermind... Are you sure you can do that in your current state? Also, I'm not super sure that's a good idea... when he gets angry he's very frightening," Thoma shuddered.