エピローグ二 - EPILOGUE 2

"It's your wedding day and you're still just as rude as ever," Heizou pouted

I shot him a glare as I snatched the bouquet of flowers from his hand. I was going to be walking down the aisle with this and he had sullied them by clutching the base so tight. I was wearing a long and elaborate wedding choice that was suggested per Ayaka's recommendation. It was a pure white fabric embroidered with flowers, a custom stitch of the Kamisato Estate's flower was sewed on the veil. Ayato and I had been officially 'together' for around five months now, and he was extremely quick to propose to me. Even if I ended up divorcing him, there was no way that I was going to end up marrying another man afterwards, so I personally had no worries about getting hitched so quickly. Ayato had made the vow for us to wait to sleep together until our wedding night, which I had agreed to. Although it technically wasn't our first time sleeping together, I was just as or even more nervous than I had been that night.

Heizou had, unfortunately, been assigned to help me as he was pretty much my only friend besides Ayaka, who was the best lady. Of course he didn't help me while I was getting dressed but he pretty much just accompanied me throughout the process. After the investigation on Thoma, Heizou and I had hung out on a few occasions, sometimes asking me to help him with work and other times just for casual chit-chat.

"I'm never going to say this again," Heizou shrugged, "but you look beautiful today. Only today, though."

"Gee, thanks," I rolled my eyes with a smile. "It would have been a compliment had you not sounded so disingenuous."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Heizou patted me on the back. "Go out and get married already, (Y/n)."
"Sure," I smiled at him. "Thanks, Heizou."

The wide doors to the wedding venue opened. Beautifully orchestrated music rang throughout the space, an elegant tune to commemorate this joyous occasion. I spotted Kamisato Ayato standing at the altar in a white tuxedo with a blue rose in his front shirt pocket. His eyes practically lit up when he saw me, and a soft smile spread across his lips. I reached the altar and stood beside him, staring into his soft violet eyes that were full of love. I found that my eyes were watering as the pastor began to speak.

"You look beautiful," Ayato whispered.

"As do you," I replied.

"Will you now make your vows to one another?" the priest spoke, insinuating that Ayato and I should hold hands to make our vows.

"In the name of the shogun, I, Kamisato Ayato, take you, Shimoda (Y/n), to be my beloved wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until parted by death."

"I, Shimoda (Y/n), take you, Kamisato Ayato, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish always."