二十 - 20

I blearily blinked my eyes open and stretched with a yawn

 I blearily blinked my eyes open and stretched with a yawn. Ayato was gone from beside me.  Eighteen days left. Thinking about the fact I would only have eighteen more mornings would make me even more miserable than I already was, so I simply ignored it and got ready to leave. I peeked in Ayato's closet, but to my disappointment, there wasn't anything for me to wear. It was full of men's traditional wear, from kimonos to plain suits and jackets.

I took one of his jackets and slung it over my nightgown, ignoring the way that the sleeves hung from my arms, almost feeling like a weight on my wrists. I felt a sharp pain in between my legs, most likely due to his aggressive actions yesterday- it didn't help that my arms were aching as well. The drug had caused my stamina to significantly decrease, allowing my physical abilities to be next to none. Performing those actions with Ayato had really knocked me out.

I stepped out of the room and crept towards Ayato's office, clutching the jacket so it covered my chest. Once I reached the door, I knocked gently. There was no response, so I creaked it open only to see that Ayato wasn't there. He must be out on a business ordeal.

I sighed and decided that I would simply just pay a visit to Ayaka and Thoma instead. Once I reached Ayaka's room, I saw that the doctor that had been treating me was hovering over her, pressing her hand against Ayaka's forehead.

"Is it alright for me to come in?" I inquired, standing at the doorway.

"Ah... yes," the doctor turned around and gave me a weary smile. She had incredibly dark circles under her eyes and a dissatisfied expression plastered on her face.

"I'm guessing there hasn't been much progress," I sighed and walked over, crouching down beside Ayaka. Her normally beautiful face was worn down and gaunt. 

"No, I figured out a way to cure her, but it's completely out of the question..." the doctor shook her head. "There's nothing else I can do for her."

"Might I ask what the other method is?" I asked. "If I can do anything, then I will."

"I was afraid you would say that," the doctor sighed. "The truth is, if we gave her an incredibly large sample of your blood, it would be enough to cancel out the drug she was given."

"Is it different from the one in my system?"

"Yes; in fact, I tested the samples against each other, and it appears that Ms. Kamisato here has a resistance to the drugs that are used in yours. By putting it in her system, it would nullify the effects of the other drug and cancel it out, causing her to be sufficiently healed. Of course the path to complete recovery could take several years- but she would still be alive. The-"

"I'll do it!" I immediately piped up. "If it will save her, then I'll definitely do it."

The doctor stopped me with a fierce glare. "Let me finish. If you do this, you will lose such a significant amount of blood that your life will end in less than twenty-four hours after the procedure is performed. The chances of you surviving the drug-induced coma will be even lower than they were before, do you not understand that?"