2

TW: car crash, death mention, foot injury, etc....

Megan

The other girls are in the cabin watching a movie and gossiping and doing beauty stuff. Meanwhile I got a ladder from one of the supply closets and made my way to the roof with my notebook.

I just never understood gossiping like that. It just never leads to anything good and I wouldn't want details of my life spread either. Doesn't matter whether the person is bad or not.

I note Beyoncé swimming in the water, I mean it's obvious that it's her.

I watch her and the moonlight shines beautifully over her that her skin glimmers perfectly within the darkness of night.

Seems to be enjoying herself in the water.

After a few minutes I see her get out the water and make her way from the dock, to our cabin. I note that she's weeping and wiping tears.

"Beyoncé, you good?" I ask.

She just keeps going. Either she's really upset or didn't hear me. Either way, I'm going down the ladder to see what's going on.

She gets closer to the cabin right when my feet touch the porch.

"Beyoncé..." she can see me now.

"Yeah?"

I note that she's got a reddened face to combine with her tears.

"You good? Why you cryin'? What's wrong?"

"Nun."

She tries to walk past me. I get in front of her.

"You good? Who swims at night?"

"Me. I love the water." She says quickly.

"But are you okay?"

Beyoncé shrugs.

She tries to push past me to get in the house.

"Beyoncé, what's wrong?"

"Nun."

I see her adjust her hearing aid.

"You wanna sit out here at least after you dry off?"

"Yeah. Sure."

"Ight."

I wait 10 or so minutes. I fidget with my hands and nails the whole time.

Beyoncé comes back with some pajamas on and her hair in a towel.

"You good?" I ask when she sits down on the steps next to me.

We stare at the view of the moon reflecting on the surface of the lake.

Beyoncé shrugs, "Just a lot."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Sure." She speaks after a moment. "Specifically I'm feeling a bit regretful and undeserving, I won't even lie."

"About?" I look to her and see a strand of gold fall onto her face that she tries to tuck back into her towel.

"When I was about 7, my family, we were driving home from a trip to lousiana. Long story short, we get into a crash on the hallway and the car flips over. Lost my lil sister."

She pauses and looks away wiping tears.

I search for her hand and hold it, squeezing it gently for some comfort.

"I'm sorry for your loss. She didn't deserve to go out that you and in that way." I say. "Why you feel guilty though? You seem to be doing good in life."