6

Part 2
Omniscient

It's the last day of camp and Beyoncé decided to allow herself to be vulnerable. She cried as she held on tight to Megan who is also crying. Beyoncé's sobs shake her entire body.

She sniffles and kissed Megan's lips. Straight up.

She rubs her cheek and looks into her eyes.

"You got my phone number. Call or text me when you want and can."

"Bey..." Megan looks into her eyes and can't contain her displeasure for having to leave. "I just— I Ion wanna believe it."

"I promise, we gon' be back with eachother again. Somehow."

"Course we are, imma catch a flight to New York to see you."

Beyoncé smiles, "See? We can find a way. Plus my mama lives here so I'll be coming down here frequently too. We both live in Houston, so we can arrange to meet up."

The end of summer snuck up on them real hard.

School in Texas is gonna start soon and Beyoncé's first college classes a bit soon after. It's the distance they worry about.

The two were I esperable since day 2 or 3 of camp and officially we're together like a month ago. They don't know how they will do, but they both are determined to make it work.

Beyoncé e holds Megan close for comfort and their peers are in a frenzy, packing up and saying their goodbyes to the friends they made here.

"C'mere."

Megan presses a kiss to Beyoncé's lips gently amidst the chaos in the communal area.

They are by the lake.

Jordyn calls over to Megan so they can leave, Jordyn herself having found a guy she's caught interest in.

Beyoncé moves a braid from Megan's face.

"Have a safe drive, bye."

"You too, Bey."

They embrace one last time before Megan catches up to her sister with her bags.

Beyoncé reluctantly heads back to Matthew's office. She'll be riding to his house in Houston after everyone leaves and then catching a flight to New York in a few hours.

"Oh Beyoncé, I know you're not crying." Matthew scoffs and Beyoncé turns away from him to dab away some tears from her cheeks with her sleeve. "Look I need your help with these files."

Beyoncé sees that Matthew is trying to distract her, but she doesn't try to fight it or him. She feels a bit lost, Megan being the first person to bring Beyoncé peace in a lake of confusion that is her life.

________

Beyoncé

I walk into my New York apartment after the entire summer and run into my friend Shawn. Shawn is chill and has his own girlfriend.

"Hey, Giselle!"

I met him towards the end of my senior year when I was touring campus.

Im texting Megan now that I finally got my phone hooked to a charger. I also got my hearing aids back to being connected to my phone. They're Bluetooth but being on the plane fucked my shit up, I don't even know how and I finally got it fixed. Shawn daps me up.