19

Megan

Bey is eating breakfast while typing out an email on her laptop at the island while I quickly move around for my morning coffee. I note her pills on a napkin and a glass of water.

After the scans her doctors prescribed her two medications that she has to take morning and night. She has to eat something before hand though.

I worry for her because she's been so quiet as of recently.

"Baby."

"Hmm?"

"Bye, see you later. Might bring some takeout later. Not sure yet."

"Ight, drive safe." she says giving me a passionate goodbye kiss. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Nah."

She smiles and presses kisses to my jawline.

"Don't be too hard on yourself." I say giving her one last peck.

"Ight."

I arrive to work quickly and put on my lab coat. I've moved up to a more administrative position in the company. I don't work hands on in the lab anymore I just supervise every once in a while and just take on the paperwork and hand over legal files.

I clock in and head over to my cubicle.

"Morning, Woods."

"Morning, Puckett."

I sit at my desk and see the time.

11:25am

I send a quick text to check up on Beyoncé before I start on the slew of emails.

Bey hasn't had a seizure since she got out on the medicine and is stable, but I take it she must be traumatized or something. It's starting to become less and less that I see her smile.

It worries me and makes me sad because her beautiful smile is what drew me in in the first place.

________

Beyoncé laughs at the movie to the point where she almost falls off the couch. I have to carefully move the food tray out the way and she pulls me in, laughing into my chest.

It makes my heart skip a beat having the cheery Beyoncé that I love back.

She pauses for a moment to look at me and busts out laughing at my scared expression. I hold her by her waist as she continues to laugh her head off.

"I needa see that shit again." She coughs and laughs at the same time, her eyes watering and she sniffles. "Oh my gawd."

She grabs the remote and rewinds on a fight scene where someone is getting the shit slapped out of them by a milk jug and it busts open in their face.

I laugh with Beyoncé hard as hell and we roll off the couch, myself falling on her and nearly knocking the air out of her.

"Baby."

She pulls me in for a kiss and throws her head back in laughter.

"Shit."

She settles her arms on my shoulders and scratches the back of my head. I smile into her neck.

"You good, Meg?" She chuckles hard. "I ain't hurt you, did I?"