10

Beyoncé

Megan and I wake up tangled with eachother. You wouldn't be able to figure out when and where one of us starts and ends.

One of my hearing aids is also wayyyy off of my head but I can hear it whistling nearby. I find it right under Megan's cheek. I'm shocked she hasn't woken up from it.

I kiss her forehead. It's the morning after the day after thanksgiving. My family is still here and we're all gonna have leftovers for the three meals of the day until they're all gone. I'm looking forward to it.

Since Megan basically has me in a headlock and is laying on me, I carefully scurry from under her and look at the clock nearby.

12:45pm. Literally afternoon already.

"Baby, c'mon. Wake up."

I nudge her shoulder. We didn't even sleep late either. 11pm, maybe even earlier because she fell asleep on me as we were watching a movie.

"Cmon."

Megan groans and puts her hand over mine.

"Time?"

"Noon. C'mon."

Megan's eyes fly open and I smile.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"C'mon."

"Ight Damn, but let me pee first."

Megan kisses me and heads to my bathroom.

I begin to pick out my own clothes and when she comes out I go in to relieve myself too. It's a slow moving morning.

"Bey, your phone is ringing."

I furrow my brow as I find some clean underwear and a clean bra and loungewear, "Who called?"

"I dunno, says unknown."

We both shrug.

We head on downstairs for leftovers. Some of my cousins are walking around the kitchen island lifting up the foiled corners of the aluminum trays to see what to eat for lunch.

"Finally you two are up!" My mother exclaims.

"They musta had fun." Kelly chuckles.

"You Can shut the hell up in our business like tha--"

"There are children around y'all can take that outside." Tina interrupts. "Come on y'all, fix yalselves some plates and stop standing around. It's late and y'all ain't ate a damn thing."

"Hey Miss T." Megan greets.

"Hey sweetie." My mama hugs her.

My mama absolutely loves Megan. But not as much as I do.

"Go get my daughter in order."

Megan laughs and pulls me over to the kitchen island to see what we want.

I am so deeply in love with Megan. She's all I've ever wanted in a woman.

__________

Megan parks the car after a day at the mall. I'm dropping her off at her house since her mom only let her stay for 4 days.

"Gimme a kiss." I lean my face out the window.

Megan carries her backpack, purse and a bag with shoes I bought her. She kisses me with a big smile.

"Be safe and calm me when you get home, baby."

"Course I will, mama." I say . "Go get some sleep."

"Ight. Get home safe. I miss yo' ass already."

I pull off when Megan is let in the house. I catch a glimpse of her sister and then start the drive home. My phone goes off and I grab it assuming maybe Megan left something.

I'm still driving with one hand.

"Hello."

"This is your father, get to my house immediately."

"Why? I don't need nor want to see your ass."

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that you failed out of your first semester of college, Beyoncé."

"And that's my concern." I say as bravely as possible but really I'm panicking for the first few seconds before realization kicks in.

He went out of his way for this.

"I'm paying for your education, what did I tell you when I decided to let you use my financial information to fill out your application???

He's also got many connections so I know he went out of his way to do this. The fact of the matter is, I did pretty average in high school but I was very late and very sloppy with my applications because I didn't even wanna go to college. I wanted to do anything else. Sing, swim around in some random ocean.

My dad's connections got me into a pretty good art school in New York at the last minute. Skipping past the applications and stuff. Ironic they wouldn't even bop some of my grades up for a bit of grace.

"You're fucking demented, Beyoncé. Fucking dumb how the hell have you failed out of a fuckin--"

I didn't even realize I wasn't paying attention to the road. My eyes were on my phone the whole time.

A car grazes pass me lightly pushing the car enough that I panic like hell. My heart begins to thump out of my chest.

I swerve and then I begin to fucking panic as I lose control of the car due to anger and going back and forth. Recollections from the accident from. 7 years old flooding my brain, the sound of the car being crushed.

"Fuck."

I say as I hit that metal railing on the side of the street. To add the car is hit from the back.

"I will speak to you and your mother about this. I'm not gonna pay for it anymore so your dumbass can go and fuck around and not--."

"Matthew, shut the fuck up I think I just got into an accident!" I interrupt and yell at him when I see the car behind me stopped too.

To add, the airbag hits me hard in the fucking chest. Wasn't that shit too late? Quite literally a slap in the face.

Before the other driver comes to help me out and taps my window I just plop my head on the steering wheel hard in defeat.

I hang up on Matthew with my freehand. Leave it to him to ruin my damn day.

________

The paramedic makes me sit in the back of the vehicle. I'm aware and okay but so annoyed.

I'm guessing they think something is wrong with me or I'm disoriented.

"Do you have a number of a family member or relative we can call?"

"Yes my mother." I answer to the responder.

My car has damages but isn't totaled thankfully. Just dents to the drivers side and the tail of the car. So they told me I could leave in my car

I feel like my mother should know at the least for peace of mind. I'm not sure about Megan. I don't want her to worry.

My mom came and got me after 15 minutes and had been checking me over continuously. I sit in the passenger seat a bit defeated.

Mainly because now I have my dad to worry about.

________
Thoughts?

How do we feel abt MATTHEW?