1

Part 1
Two Days Before

Megan

I let the husky voice take me away. Why am I like this?

Why are you like this, Megan?

It's pushing 10 at night.

My sister and I have spent all day in a car trying to get here. Last minute shopping for materials PLUS the drive here.

After about an hour or two driving closer to Galveston from Houston we've arrived to summer camp.

Now the two of us finally get to relax and go to sleep.

Well, Jordyn's going to sleep, I think this voice just awoke me and something inside me.

Im not horny or anything, this woman just seems to draw my attention. Whenever I get curious about something or develop a new interest I try to collect as much information about it until I'm satisfied, I mean I pull as many all nighters that I need.

I hum as the owner of the voice continues to get my attention.

"Wassya name?" She from Texas definitely.

"Megan Woods."

"And you?"

I'm assuming she's addressing my sister.

Jordyn yawns before responding, "Jordyn Woods."

"Mmm, sisters." She says. "Welcome to camp. Y'all gone like it hea. We'll get some introductions from the other girls in the morning but for right now focus on getting cleaned up for bed."

We get a few lazy "Hi's" from a few girls. But Jordyn and I focus on bed.

The hairs on my skin raise. It's not even what she's saying it's how she's saying it. Her tone of voice.

She hugs us quickly and leads us to our beds on the opposite side of the cabin. Hers is a few feet away from us, a bigger queen sized bed but not that luxurious. I decide to take the bottom bunk while Jordyn mean mugs me and takes the top.

She's barely 16 and I'm 17, we clash a lot. I love her though, it's never that serious, plus she's my baby sister.

I struggle to get my stuff in order for bed in the dark.

I came with a clean face so I really just need to worry about my hair.

I sense the woman sit on her bed.

"Beyoncé, you forgot ta say ya name." One of the other chicks speaks up.

"SHIT!" She says quickly. "Yeah I'm Beyonce. I'm 18, I'm your counselor... um... shit I'm sorry y'all I'm tired, I been dealing with little kids all damn day."

"You sayin' that like you wasn't one of us just two years ago."

"I will choke you, Kelly." I hear laughter but can't really trace it to anyone in the dark. "But yeah I'm clocking out and turning my hearing aids off so if you need me throw a pillow at me."