Episode 2

No One's POV

Every 8 suspect sat around a rectangular table and the female officer sat at the head of the table. A whiteboard was positioned in front of the table, on the opposite end of the officer. There were details written down on the whiteboard and it contained information of the 8 suspects.

"First off, i would like to confirm your location when the murder happened. The time of murder has been estimated between 11pm to 2.50am so please state what were you doing and where were you." The officer said in a serious tone, looking at every suspect and scanning them.

"Who would like to go first?" She asked and the chief of the department raised his hand, catching everyone's eyes and attention.

"Please introduce yourself first." The female officer told him and everyone stared at him.

"I am Chief Choi, the chief of the police department. I was in my office after taking a small break at 9pm. I had a meeting with Detective Kim at 9.30pm and it went on for an hour. After the meeting, i stayed in my office and went back home at 11.45pm." Chief Choi explained and the female officer glanced between him and the whiteboard, reading the details on the board to check if his words do match with the ones written on the board.

"What did you and Detective Kim talked about for an hour?" The female officer proceeded to ask after checking that his words do match.

"He told me he had accepted a job offer and will be leaving the police department soon. We had a conflict because of that." Majority gasped after hearing his answer while the chief remained calm.

"Shouldn't that be a good news? Why would it cause a conflict between the both of you?" This time, the squad chief stepped in and asked, narrowing his eyes at him and furrowing his eyebrows.

"I actually went through a lot to recruit him and join the police department. So when he told me that he had accepted a job offer, i felt upset and hurt because it felt like my hard work to get him here is a waste of my effort and time." He explained further with seriousness, looking like he was not lying at all and was being honest.

"Okay. I'll believe you. Who's next?" The female officer said and directed the question to the others, staring at the other suspects.

"I will go next." The squad chief voluntarily said and the officer simply nodded her head, paying full attention to him and observing him.

"I am Squad Chief Yoo, the squad chief of Homicide Team 1. I came to the office at 9am, had some coffee at around 10am with Profiler Im and went back to the office at 11am to continue working. 30 minutes later, things weren't working out for me and i couldn't sleep last night so i went to buy migraine medicine and sleeping pills. Then i got back to the office 15 minutes later and went back to work. At 1pm, i had lunch with Profiler Im and at 2pm, i got back to the office and continued working." The squad chief gave his timeline to everyone while everyone gasped after realizing that he has already been with Profiler Im for two times and further questioned about their relationship.

"I'm close with Profiler Im. We are just close friends." Squad Chief Yoo simply answered while the female profiler nodded her head in agreement.

"So you got back to the office at 2pm, drugged Detective Kim with your sleeping pills and he fell asleep 30 minutes later then killed him within 20 minutes which is already enough time to kill him." Detective Jung said, making an estimated guess on the killing timeline.

"That's right since Detective Kim is estimated to be killed between 11am and 2.50pm and it's definitely the people who were in the building during this timing." Journalist Park said in agreement with the male detective.