12

Mina was driving home then her wheel blew up. "Damn it! Why now!?" She checks her wheel and it was totally flat. She fished her phone from her pocket to call for help then she heard a familiar voice spoke to her.

"You know it's very dangerous to stay in this area so late"

She turned around and saw Chaeyoung.

"Hi" Mina greeted.

"Need help?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I guess yes."

"What happen?" Chaeyoung asked.

"It's my wheel." She pointed the flat tire.

"Do you have a spare and tools?"

"Yes, in the trunk" Mina opened the trunk and showed the spare tire and tools.

"Okay," Chaeyoung removed her jacket then took the tools and the spare tire. She rolled the tire towards the flat one. She kneeled and checked it.

She aimed for the knot of the tire with the wrench and started to spin it.

Mina watched her do the work and she couldn't help but to smile at the latter.

"never thought that you are good with other things" Mina commended.

"not really. Dahyun just taught me how to do the basics."

"You guys seemed to be pretty close." Mina asked.

"Yep! This is the only thing she knew when I met her years ago. Then it turns out that she became more street smart than I am." Chaeyoung stated.

"Why? Do you mean?" Mina asked confused.

"well, being in the outside world can be tough and being....." Chaeyoung stopped herself from talking.

"being what...?" Mina waited.

"nothing, I mean, being alone can be rough on her." Chaeyoung said.

"I see. No wonder why you look out for each other." Mina commented.

"yep! There it's done!" Chaeyoung claims. She stood up and rolled the flat tire back to the trunk.

"Well,?" You can try it now." Chaeyoung said.

Mina went to the drivers seat. Started the engine.

"Do you need a ride?" Mina asked.

"no, thanks, I'm good. I can walk." Chaeyoung declined.

"No I insist." Mina said.

Chaeyoung thought for a second. "Okay." She went on shotgun and put on the seat belt.

>>>>>>>

They arrive at Chaeyoung's tiny apartment.

"Do you want to get in for some coffee?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Coffee would be nice." Mina accepted.

The place is small. It was very unusual for Mina to see such a tiny space. Her room is even bigger than that. But what excites her is the ambiance of the place. The smell is mixed with strawberries and cigarettes. She saw the ashtray with two cigarette butts and that explains the smell. She roamed her sight and saw a table with full of paint materials and some empty canvasses.

"You paint?" Mina asked.

"Uh... yeah, when I have time" Chaeyoung opened her fridge to get the milk but Mina saw the beer.

"Umm, Chaeyoung, can I have beer instead of coffee?" She asked.

"uh, sure" Chaeyoung took two beers and opened them and gave one to Mina.

"Let's um, go sit in the living room?" Chaeyoung said. She walked passed Mina. And Mina followed.

Chaeyoung took the ashtray placed it in front of her and took the pack of cigarette from the side table.

"You don't mind if I smoke right?"

"I don't" Mina smiled.

Chaeyoung put one stick on her lips and light it with her lighter. She blew the smoke that floated all over the place.

"So what's gonna happen next?" Chaeyoung asked.

"About?"

"Your friend Sana and Dahyun."

"Oh, I think Sana can explain that. I'm not in the position to spill anything" Mina explained.

"I understand." Chaeyoung said.

Mina 's phone rang. She fished it. "excuse me, I have to take this."

"Moshi mosh?" She stood up and walked at a distance. Chaeyoung puffed from her cigarette.

Mina came back after a while and sat again.

"Your boyfriend must be looking for you." Chaeyoung asked.

"I-I don't have a boyfriend. That was my secretary" Mina defended. She looked at Chaeyoung. "would it matter if I have?"

"Umm. No, I just thought that you, you are well, beautiful and kind'a hot so, I kind of find it hard to believe that you don't have a boyfriend." Chaeyoung stated.

Mina smiled. "I'm not looking for a boyfriend." She took a sip from her beer. "In fact, I never was attracted to men. I'm attracted to girls." She added.

Chaeyoung looked at her. "Omo..?" Chaeyoung was surprised.

"Surprise!" Mina raised her hand.