Chapter 2: The Animal I've Become

At the Minerva Arena, the audience couldn't stop talking about such a brutal fight and its no less brutal ending, which had a few worried and a few more delighted by the result that, although gruesome, showed that the entertainment would be at its best. Some even considered the possibility of betting everything on She-Wolf as the winner of the Tournament.

Chocolate comes out on stage.

-Well, regardless of how you may feel about the match, all I can say is that this combat left absolutely no one indifferent, right?

The crow cheered in agreement.

-And more excitement will come. It's time for the second fight of the night!

The crowd went wild after that announcement.

...

Already in her exclusive loge, Chocolate met with Natalia.

-Whew, it's going to be an interesting night. Any news from our dear friend?

-Well... is a guarded prognosis.

-I see...

-I'm sorry, but on the other hand I'd be relieved if that girl was written off of the tournament; both for her good and ours.

-Do you think so?

-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound impertinent.

-Ha, ha, ha! Chill out, Natalia, it's just... I don't know, this tournament is going to be really something. Just keep me posted on our friend's health.

-Yes, ma'am.

-Of course, make sure that the doctors do their job... it would be disastrous if it happened the same thing that happened to her late father.

Natalia was silent for a moment, swallowing a bit of saliva, but recovering and nodding.

...

In the arena's medical room, the medics were giving treatment to Dragana, who was still unconscious; although some episodes of seizures alerted them. In one of those episodes, unfortunately, Armando Cabrera and Diana Alanís arrived.

-Dragana!

-Wait, you're not supposed to be here! -One of the doctors stopped the cops-.

-I'm the State Attorney! –Cabrera showed his badge-. Let me in!

-Mr. Prosecutor –says a nurse-, her condition is still delicate; the more people are here, the more the situation will get worse. Please wait.

-Prosecutor, you'd better leave –the one who entered the scene was Natalia-.

-Who are you to prevent us from investigating? -Diana asks defiantly-.

-I think you still don't understand the seriousness of this situation if you make such a russ. Don't do it for lady Chocolate; in fact, not even for you; do it for her –Natalia points out to Dragana, who was already being stabilized again-.

-Tch –Cabrera was extremely frustrated-...

-I know how you feel, but I think it would be better to discuss this outside. Dragana is in good hands, you won't be improving the situation if you stay here.

-You're right...

Cabrera leaves the room, followed by Diana, who kept staring at a Natalia who stood her ground. In the hallway, the three of them were talking.

-You could've prevented this a long time ago, but your boss is determined to continue with this madness.

-You got involved in this tournament by accepting that girl to participate.