Chapter 11: Words (Don't come easy)

The City

It was Sunday night in the Minerva Arena, crowded as usual. Baimid, the Muay Thai fighter, battled against Shangri-La in a fairly even and long-suffering fight, in which neither wanted to give in. In the end, the Mexican Kung Fu master wanted to connect a spinning roundhouse kick, which the Thai calculated quite well by moving aside and then kneeing the pink-haired girl into the chin while falling down.

-That 's it! -Someone at the audience shouted-.

-She got her!

However, the Mexican managed to barely get up, although she ate a high knee to the chin, knocking her down. Baimid was about to stomp the girl, but the referee stops her when he sees that Shangri-La out. The audience roared with excitement.

-Ladies and gentlemen, the winner via Knockout: Baimid!

The girl, with a slightly expressionless but tired face, accepts that the referee raises her hand, while the Mexican was still unconscious.

...

The next match was between Makoto and Ismahane; the latter gracefully dodged the powerful blows of the Japanes. Ismahane dodges a powerful kick, placing herself quickly behind her rival, and then placing her in a standing Sleeper Hold. The Japanese tried to free herself, but the Turkish woman not only squeezed, but also twisted her rival's neck.

- Hnnghh... Ugh! Gibapu! –Ismahane relased her opponent, who tapped some seconds before falling unconscious-.

-What a fight! The winner via submission: Ismahane!

The woman showed her calm face as being declared as the winner; meanwhile, the Japanese was lying down in the mat, recovering from that choke.

...

Mamba and Omeya had a tough Mixed Martial Arts fight, with the African focusing on strikes and the Syrian on grappling. The audience was quite involved. After several minutes of fighting, both women ended up separated from each oteher, panting from exhaustion and still in a fighting position.

- Hahh... Hahh...

-Hahh... damn, this girl is tough.

After what Mamba said, Omeya charged towards her again; the black girl was about to receive her with a reverse punch, but her opponent crouched and tried to take her from behind in a Suplex; however, the African spun forward, catching her rival's leg.

-...!

The African had the Syrian in a Knee Bar , which tried to escape in various ways, but Mamba didn't let her go.

- Tch... Tshhh... Gh...

Omeya, after hodling on as long as she could, tapped out. The audience celebrated.

-What a battle! But there could only be one winner! By submission, the winner is: Mamba!

The woman helped Omeya up once she checked that she was okay. Showing a sporty attitude, she raises her rival's hand before the applause of the audience; the girl, embarrassed, accepts the gesture and thanks the audience with a bow.

...

The African-American boxer, Sugarbae, brutally attacked Panther with her powerful fists, who was blocking as fast as she could that onslaught. The tall girl was cornered while her rival continued with her attack. Then...

-What the...?

Sugarbae, who managed to land a powerful hook punch to the face, was surprised when Panther, eating that punch, hugged her opponent, then turned and proceeded to drop her in a Belly to Belly Suplex. Greco-Roman style, Panther rolled with her rival still trapped, proceeding to drop her in a Backdrop Suplex. Panther wanted to continue with that punishment, but the referee stopped her when he saw that Sugar Bae seemed like a rag doll; she was out.